Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Location issues/WWE Network

  1. #1

    Default Location issues/WWE Network

    When browsing the internet I often see "ads" and other things that believe i'm in another state. Usually Colorado (even though i'm in St. Louis, Mo).

    The WWE just started the "WWE network". It's only currently available in the United States. When I try to access the network on my Excede internet at home I keep getting an error saying that the content is only available in the U.S. I'm assuming something with the Excede side is sending incorrect information on my location? I have been able to connect away from home using my cell phones data plan without issue so I know it's not a problem related to my account.

    I have contacted the WWE support and spent nearly an hour on the phone with them but their foreign support didn't really seem to know what they were talking about.

    Thanks for any help with this!

  2. #2

    Default

    Joshrocker,
    We were notified of an issue with connecting to the WWE Network earlier this month. I know they were doing some testing on the site. Let me look into it, and see if there has been any updates regarding accessing that site. Thank you for your patience.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thank you! I appreciate your help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    As for ads assuming that you live in Colorado, it's because they're using a GeoIP service to correlate your IP address to a location. The problem is that your IP address is actually assigned to ViaSat's location and not to your home. Until ad networks and other geo-targeted services switch to the HTML5 geolocation API, there's nothing you can do to fix it beyond routing your requests through a proxy server that is closer to your physical location.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    As for ads assuming that you live in Colorado, it's because they're using a GeoIP service to correlate your IP address to a location. The problem is that your IP address is actually assigned to ViaSat's location and not to your home. Until ad networks and other geo-targeted services switch to the HTML5 geolocation API, there's nothing you can do to fix it beyond routing your requests through a proxy server that is closer to your physical location.
    I assumed it had something to do with Excede and the way they assigned IP's. Personally I've never cared about the targeted ad's and hadn't really gave it much thought until the issues i'm currently having. For some reason the WWE thinks i'm outside of the United States, which I found odd since everyone else always thinks i'm in Colorado.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    cooperstown,ny
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExedeSherry View Post
    Joshrocker,
    We were notified of an issue with connecting to the WWE Network earlier this month. I know they were doing some testing on the site. Let me look into it, and see if there has been any updates regarding accessing that site. Thank you for your patience.

    please keep us updated on this.....i just ordered exede and am having it installed on monday.....i subscribe to the wwe network also and they lock you into a 6 month commitment so i am not going to be happy if my first day of exede starts off with me being blocked from that site because it thinks i live outside the us when i live in ny.....thanks for looking into this....hopefully this issue can be fixed...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan04 View Post
    please keep us updated on this.....i just ordered exede and am having it installed on monday.....i subscribe to the wwe network also and they lock you into a 6 month commitment so i am not going to be happy if my first day of exede starts off with me being blocked from that site because it thinks i live outside the us when i live in ny.....thanks for looking into this....hopefully this issue can be fixed...
    If it does turn out to be a problem, try the Hola plugin. It's mostly used for Netflix, but it should work for any website, as far as I know.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan04 View Post
    please keep us updated on this.....i just ordered exede and am having it installed on monday.....i subscribe to the wwe network also and they lock you into a 6 month commitment so i am not going to be happy if my first day of exede starts off with me being blocked from that site because it thinks i live outside the us when i live in ny.....thanks for looking into this....hopefully this issue can be fixed...
    I've got a couple of days left in my free trial period. I was planning on signing up so I'm thankful the trial was offered. At this point I'm going to hold off on signing up and hope whatever the problem is gets worked out.

    I'm kind of in a tough spot because I have dish network and they're not going to have anymore WWE PPV's and with exede I can't subscribe to the WWE network.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    If it does turn out to be a problem, try the Hola plugin. It's mostly used for Netflix, but it should work for any website, as far as I know.
    The HOLA plug in claims to save on data for mobile applications. Is this something you've used and if so can you confirm that it works? Thanks for the tip. I might give this a try tonight to see if it allows me to connect.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshrocker View Post
    I've got a couple of days left in my free trial period. I was planning on signing up so I'm thankful the trial was offered. At this point I'm going to hold off on signing up and hope whatever the problem is gets worked out.

    I'm kind of in a tough spot because I have dish network and they're not going to have anymore WWE PPV's and with exede I can't subscribe to the WWE network.
    Check with Dish or the satelliteguys.us forum for new info. I think Dish changed their mind and will be carrying Wrestlemania. I'm not a fan so I don't know the details but I saw something along those lines.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •