Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exede you suck......

1. Angry Exede you suck......

Wow what the hell... Lets start by saying really... I am going to be frap got my data renewed on the 12 and get an email yesterday saying I have use 70% of my data. woke up this morning and 2 gigs gone wow. Interesting how is that possible even if i downloaded all night is that not the great free zone they speak of. Now to add insult to my already ****** off injury I said I got renewed on the 12th of july the for those 10 days 4 of which we no power in my are in michigan. so how hell did i effing use data when i could not even power up the effin modem. as soon i get my power i get an email you are at 70 percent. now it all gone.

Now I call customer service and the idiots tell well maybe you should just buy more gigs. Buy more so it can just vanish like the rest FU. I may have been dump when i signed up with exede but I am not stupid so Take a long walk of the very short bridge OK. What the hell man never been DAPed now what. Fact of the matter one day i will get to quit this crap.

P.S. Can you find any one for customer service that is just not incompetent do they know anything that is going one in the company they work with.
    ViaSat-1: 312 RapidCity, SD Gateway: Dallas and Huston AcceleNet Server

Don't blame the reps, blame the company. I they are told what they can, and can't say, and if they deviate, their jobs are on the line.

The worst part is you cant get Exede to admit they have issues with there service.

Same thing happened to me and I got a nice email about 3 days later saying they screwed up and they would give me a whole 1GB back.

Yet it was my job to call, wait on the phone for over an hour, talk with someone who couldnt even tell me the time of day, and plead my case. All because they screwed up.

mr. diesel,

I have made several inquiries for customers about usage, and we are showing that our meters are correct. I would suggest checking several things that could be using your usage;

1. An unsecured router
    2. Virus
    3. Data Devices such as iPhone, iPad, Kindle (devices that require the internet for updates)
    4. System updates that run on a regular basis and not on an update schedule

It is just a few suggestions of things to check into. We have dealt with several customers that did have a virus, and that was the cause in increase to the usage. Many things can cause high usage, and if none of the above apply we can most certainly take a deeper look into the matter for you.

5. Default

1.Ok lets get start unsecured router lol is that what's in the script. I am in a rural rural area that why i needed satellite internet. my closest neighbor is 1 mile away not if my wifi signal travel a mile well maybe exede should use my router to service it customer. ----- its secured and thats not the issue

2. ok virus protection hmmm does a virus protect software that is set to manual update download 7 gigs of data when i have not power for the computer to run... thinking thinking.... Ha got it NO. Try again....

3. Devices like iphone so let me get this straight I don't have an iphone, or ipad, or kindle. But lets say i did would i seriously connect it to my home router which is slower than 4g and most days slower that 3g. I think not. think about the B.S. you try to push on up before you do it.

4. system up yes that could be it but then again its not. that is set to run at 2 a.m but then it how the heck did it run when i HAD NO POWER FOR 4 DAY AFTER THE STORM. are we all missing i was dapped when i had not power to run my house. i was in a black out city for 4 day are we not listening.

Maybe its a virus that caused it no sorry lets try again. Its your system and your system alone. it counts the data it uses trying to reconnect after a storm of after it loses a connection and that the issues. it also counts lost packets. it also counts the data it uses to communicate with it home office. that the issues. If it only counted the data i used then maybe it would be accurate. I it also probably rounds up to the nearest megabyte to.
    ViaSat-1: 312 RapidCity, SD Gateway: Dallas and Huston AcceleNet Server

Quote Originally Posted by mr.diesel View Post
    Maybe its a virus that caused it no sorry lets try again. Its your system and your system alone. it counts the data it uses trying to reconnect after a storm of after it loses a connection and that the issues. it also counts lost packets. it also counts the data it uses to communicate with it home office. that the issues. If it only counted the data i used then maybe it would be accurate. I it also probably rounds up to the nearest megabyte to.
    Amen to that! It's a flaw in the system, the same way you use data without anything connected to the Ethernet port on your modem! I run Tomato as my router to monitor all in/out bandwidth. This means the only thing between my router and Exede is their modem! Why should I get penalized for maintaining their modem connection!

Listen up Exede, all you have to do is explain to us how the meter works! If you do that then we can understand what is going on. The problem is you will probably have to refund so many customers it would put you out of business.

We are listening...

mr. diesel,

These are standard questions we do go through with all customers in regards to usage concerns. If you would like us to escalate your concern please send a PM to myself, Exede Elizabeth, or Exede Zac. You can also send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com.

Here, here Amen to that! WTF Exede? Why is it always something the customer is doing? Why isn't it anything Exede does? I used my phone as a hotspot for over 4 months and I used between 7 and 9 GB a month. Then I had Hughes Net for 2 months and used about 8 GB a month, issue there was a speed problem. When I had Exede installed I used 10 GB in just 2 weeks and have used an average of 16 GB every month I have had Exede. It sucks that we pay nearly $70 a month to use "high speed" internet for 2 damn weeks! The ONLY reason I looked into satellite internet was that my phone bill got expensive cause it was $50 for first 5 GB then $10 for every 1 GB additional. So my phone bill, just for data, was running $70 to $90 a month. If I would have known what kind of **** I was going to get into with satellite internet I guess I would have been better off staying with the phone hotspot!
    We have been having sever storms here in Missouri for the past week. I have lost connection several times and every time I would watch the modem trying to reconnect and probably being charged for data to try and re-connect. I don't think that is right! Why should we pay for data to stay connected to your satellite? It should be only the data that we truly use. I have unplugged the ethernet cord for hours at a time and the modem meter just continues to climb. If its sending and receiving data from your satellite then I'm being charged for it no matter if I'm using it or not.
    Last edited by vichyviking; 08-07-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added more
    Been there, done that, ain't too much that surprises me any more!

There are quite a few threads regarding excess data use. There can be a lot of reasons for data to be used without you knowing about it. Labrescuer has a blog post on this site about just that. There have been many other suggestions for reducing usage. Have you tried any of them? Anti-virus programs may not be able to find everything on a normal scan. Most of the AV makers have what they call a 'rescue disc' which you can d/l and burn to a CD/DVD, and then boot to that disc, which bypasses Windows entirely, so the malware can't hide from it. I do this periodically, even if I don't seem to have any problems. Using ad blocking add-ons in your browser can help, as well. Use of private browsing mode can prevent 'drive by' malware from being installed without your knowing.

brian

Hi All,

The purpose for asking our customers questions about how you use the service, whether you have anti-virus, whether the updates are scheduled, etc.. is not to attack, place blame, or avoid your concerns. It is to rule out the most common reasons as a FIRST step.

The fact is that most times, we are able to determine the root cause of the unknown data accumulation through asking questions!

If you answer the Data troubleshooting questions and we do not find the reason for the spike in usage, we are happy to escalate the account for research and work with you on a case by case basis, but we need to have a process in place to rule out the non-issues so that our escalations team can focus on examples that truly DO need to be looked into.

I am sorry if some of you have been frustrated or felt that your concerns had not been addressed. We really are hearing you and paying attention when you report your experiences. This forum has been an amazing communication tool, allowing us to gain SO much valuable feed-back. Keep it coming!

We, (as forum moderators) are here to help. Feel free to send a Private Message through the forum or E-mail us at exedelistens@viasat.com ANYTIME!!

Take care
    Last edited by Exede Elizabeth; 08-07-2013 at 04:59 PM.