Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well..Looks Like I Am Cacelling Dish

Default Well..Looks Like I Am Cacelling Dish

Just got a letter in the mail and all old dish customers are transferring to the new packages on January 17, 2013. I am cancelling and going directly to exede. Good thing I saved my money. I would love for them to give me one reason why I should stay with them when Exede has 10GB with a download zone. On top of no download zone, they siad my bill will be $10 more plus lease fee just to stay on the 10GB plan.

The age-old scam of "bait and switch"..

Good decision...
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Default Same here

Looks like I'm right with you. I will be cancelling my dish service and going directly with exede.
    Exede12 ViaSat-1 Beam 329, Netgear N300 Wireless Router.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMER101 View Post
    all old dish customers are transferring to the new packages on January 17, 2013.
    To Whom? Exede and Hughes?

Dish uses Hughes where Hughes new bird shines...and I hear their bird has a real issue.
    WB-1: 163 Riverside, CA Gateway: Denver AcceleNet Server

All customers who bundled with Dish are getting transferred to the new plans in February. 10Gb anytime and 10GB "Bonus" from 2AM-8AM. I called them and they told me that Exede made them do this and it is not their fault. As well as a $5 price increase. I complained and the only thing I recieved is a one time $40 credit. I'm in a contract so I'm SOL.
    Exede12 ViaSat-1 Beam 329, Netgear N300 Wireless Router.

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack94 View Post
    10Gb anytime and 10GB "Bonus" from 2AM-8AM.
    Sounds like Hughes sales pitch....oh Charlie Ergen...he tried this "maneuver" years ago when he bought several C-banders (Big Dish) subscription centers. Move to DBS service was the essence, Big Dish is dead.

Good Luck, I understand Hughes users are not receiving "upto" speeds, as in, they are slowed way down during primetimes. Maybe Hughes will resolve this issue.

I also hear Hughes is forcing folks off of Ku birds (which these are rental birds).

A big push to get folks on new bird....

I complained and the only thing I recieved is a one time $40 credit. I'm in a contract so I'm SOL.
    Read the fine print, and don't sign anything.

I called them and they told me that Exede made them do this and it is not their fault.
    Exede made them? Exede told me that they are their own company and can make their own business decisions. Sounds like they are trying to trick you into making you think that Exede has a capped download zone or will have a capped download zone.

I called them and they told me that Exede made them do this.
    I saw letter sent out....it just looks like DISH is equalizing both sat providers' plans, and using a single computer system program for billing.

But, any new customers who sign up, will they have a choice between Hughes/ViaSat if Hughes beam is over their head...that's the question.

How could they offer these plans? I'm in an area where Dish only offers satellite broadband thru Exede and these plans are nothing like WB/Exede's direct plans.