Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Money Taken out of my bank account??

Default Extra Money Taken out of my bank account??

Hi,

We're new to Exede, and I'm a bit confused (and very upset) concerning billing.

On Aug. 28, we ordered the service, Excede 12, the 25 gig a month plan, (129.99 plus the $9.99 equipment rental fee added on to that). They processed our installation fee, $49.99 was taken out of our bank. Of course, we don't have a problem with that.

On Aug. 30, the installer came out, had to install a pole mount. We wrote him a check for $75 (which he said he would deposit on Tuesday). Again, no problem with that...we were fully aware that we might have to pay extra for installing the pole mount as we live in a mobile home.

This morning, I checked my bank account, looking to see if WB/Excede took out the $139.99 monthly payment. They sure did...but instead of taking out $139.99, they took out $163.37. We used to be long-time Hughes Net subscribers, so we're well aware of how NOT to run out of monthly useage before the month is up.

Being it's Sunday, I believe that customer service is closed...my husband (whose name the account is under) said he will call on Tuesday because of Labor Day. I can't even find any billing info on our account to explain the extra $23.38 they tacked onto our first bill.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? When we ordered this service, no one at WB told us that additional charges would be taken out of the monthly fee, so if anyone can set me straight on this, or a WB Mod on this forum can help us out with this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Jeanne

Insomniac Girl, can you send me a PM with your account information. I can call you and go through your bill with you. Also, our customer service is open 24/7, even on holidays. Feel free to call any time if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Hi Nick,

I just sent you a PM with the info you need. Thanks in advance for your help. :-)

~~ Jeanne

Taxes and fees maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rider View Post
    Taxes and fees maybe?
    Exactly what I was thinking...

Also, you pay for service in advance of using it..so this could be some accounting to pay for a few days of service...but you'll always pay a month in advance from now on..

I'm sure you'll get a good explanation..and Rebel is also right...you'll pay state taxes on whatever the equipment would cost if you bought it..even though it's leased..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Hi everyone, thanks for replying!

My husband just got off the phone with customer service and yes, those were taxes and fees added on. While he was on the phone, I finally located our bill online and saw the 'breakdown' of everything, LOL. Can you tell that I'm a newbie to this? (BIG grin!)

They were very nice on the phone as well, taking time to explain everything at length, including our local taxes that the good ol' state of Texas tacks on too. Many thanks to Nick also, for the quick reply, offering to help. :-D

~~ Jeanne

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac Girl View Post
    taking time to explain everything at length, including our local taxes that the good ol' state of Texas tacks on too.
    Not everything, "The 1998 Internet Tax Freedom Act halted the expansion of direct taxation of the Internet, grandfathering existing taxes in ten states."

Hence, you all down there in Texas need to ask those conservative Republicans why they like to tax, tax, and tax.
    WB-1: 163 Riverside, CA Gateway: Denver AcceleNet Server

First bill is always an eye popper. Mine certainly was, but then I knew it was coming long before the flatbed pulled in front of the house and the guy with the forklift dropped it on my doorstep. That's just the nature of the process. After that first experience, your bill should level off to a steady predictable amount that's pretty much what you expected from the start.

A word on taxes. I'm from Oklahoma. Oklahoma hasn't taxed the Internet just yet, but I'm sure they'll start getting ideas before too much longer. There's also taxes on the modem lease, taxes on the pole, taxes on everything except the service. Sometimes the tax is actually calculated on an area different from where you live such as the installer's home office in another town since that's how the installer has to report and pay sales tax. If it gets too much out of line, my own experience is that customer service is always happy to look into the taxes and make any adjustments necessary to correct the issue. That's what they did for me two years ago when I first came on board without me even asking. They're pretty decent folks.
    Now on T-1 service; enjoyed my time at WildBlue and still a HughesNet defectee.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenOkie View Post
    A word on taxes. I'm from Oklahoma. Oklahoma hasn't taxed the Internet just yet,
    READ: "The 1998 Internet Tax Freedom Act halted the expansion of direct taxation of the Internet, grandfathering existing taxes in ten states."
    WB-1: 163 Riverside, CA Gateway: Denver AcceleNet Server