Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WildBlue has damaged my computer and limited my internet access

Default WildBlue has damaged my computer and limited my internet access

A month ago i came home and attempted to log into the internet. Instead of my yahoo home page i got the Wildblue activation page telling me my account had been suspended. I immediatley realized that after closing the checking account my auto payment was coming out of i had forgot to contact Wildblue with my new account info. I called the 866 number and took care of the problem. Again that was about a month ago. I still get the WildBlue activation page when i log in to the internet and have had to stop using Firefox and switch to Explorer to avoid that screen and some sites, sites i had bookmarked, i could no longer go to, even through Google or thru another search engine. Every time i tried to go to my favorite site, i would get the Wildblue activation screen. I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with a Wildblue tech person and then a supervisor trying to resolve the issue. The end result was i was told that WildBlue had put something on my hard drive when my account had been suspended that they could not remove. I was told that Wildblue couldn't fix the problem they created and i would have to call Microsoft to try and fix the problem. I can no longer use Firefox, have lost all my favorites i had saved and my computer has slowed down dramatically. There is now an approximately 3 to 5 second delay before my cursor responds to input which never happened before Wildblue infected my computer. I am now being bombarded with spam and am beginning to have problems with iTunes which also started when Wildblue infected my computer. I am fed up am considering legal action.

I highly doubt your claims.. Probably like most people I deal with, they have so much damn malware on their machines that it would take hours to remove it all or a clean wipe and reinstall of the OS and Apps to get it back to a useable state..

As for Firefox acting up.. Have you downloaded the latest version? I'm using Firefox 13b3 and haven't had any of those problems you are talking about.. Now I will say that a couple of revisions back I was getting that same problem with typing something and waiting 1-2 seconds to watch it appear on my screen. It ended up being FireFox and it was happening on all my machines, even the ones that don't use my Exede12 connection..

Once I upgraded to this latest version of Firefox13.b3, I haven't had anymore problems.. Probably also helped with upgrading Adobe Flash as well..

-TexasRebel

Also, download and install ccleaner, then run the cleaner and let it delete all the leftover crap it finds..

MalWareBytes is a good, and free, utility to rid your computer of really bad stuff, download, install it, let it update definitions, then boot into safe mode and let it do a complete scan.
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Quote Originally Posted by 50msns View Post
    A month ago i came home and attempted to log into the internet. Instead of my yahoo home page i got the Wildblue activation page telling me my account had been suspended. I immediatley realized that after closing the checking account my auto payment was coming out of i had forgot to contact Wildblue with my new account info. I called the 866 number and took care of the problem. Again that was about a month ago. I still get the WildBlue activation page when i log in to the internet and have had to stop using Firefox and switch to Explorer to avoid that screen and some sites, sites i had bookmarked, i could no longer go to, even through Google or thru another search engine. Every time i tried to go to my favorite site, i would get the Wildblue activation screen. I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with a Wildblue tech person and then a supervisor trying to resolve the issue. The end result was i was told that WildBlue had put something on my hard drive when my account had been suspended that they could not remove. I was told that Wildblue couldn't fix the problem they created and i would have to call Microsoft to try and fix the problem. I can no longer use Firefox, have lost all my favorites i had saved and my computer has slowed down dramatically. There is now an approximately 3 to 5 second delay before my cursor responds to input which never happened before Wildblue infected my computer. I am now being bombarded with spam and am beginning to have problems with iTunes which also started when Wildblue infected my computer. I am fed up am considering legal action.

The only way that you could even have the "Welcome to Wildblue" page coming up would be if your Wildblue modem was still attached to your computer, still plugged into power, and still connected to the dish. What it is when that happens is it is redirecting to a private IP address for the provisioning step for an un-provisioned modem. Also there is nothing in the Wildblue optimizer that would do what you are describing. Wildblue, as long as I have been around installing for them never has done or caused any of the problems you are describing. 99% of the time what I see is a PC or laptop that is so crapped up from malware, viruses and trojans. Tis why, as installers that we are to direct connect to the modem using our laptop and not the customers PC to find any problems with the Wildblue service.

Quote Originally Posted by 50msns View Post
    The end result was i was told that WildBlue had put something on my hard drive when my account had been suspended that they could not remove. I was told that Wildblue couldn't fix the problem they created and i would have to call Microsoft to try and fix the problem.
    Who told you that? We never put any software onto our customer's computers (with the exception of the Optimizer, which is an optional install...and would not have anything to do with what you're describing). There's something else happening.

If your account is paid in full and current, then you shouldn't be seeing those screens obviously. Send me a PM with your name and phone number associated with your account. We'll get someone to take a look and fix this for you. In the meantime, don't go spending any money with Microsoft or a PC repair shop, because I doubt they can help.

Another thought...have you got current, up-to-date anti-virus, and have you run a full system scan? Thank you.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WB Steve View Post
    Who told you that? We never put any software onto our customer's computers (with the exception of the Optimizer, which is an optional install...and would not have anything to do with what you're describing). There's something else happening.

If your account is paid in full and current, then you shouldn't be seeing those screens obviously. Send me a PM with your name and phone number associated with your account. We'll get someone to take a look and fix this for you. In the meantime, don't go spending any money with Microsoft or a PC repair shop, because I doubt they can help.

Another thought...have you got current, up-to-date anti-virus, and have you run a full system scan? Thank you.
    I was told that by the person I talked to when I called Wildblue. The agent i talked to told me that and the supervisor i talked to told me the same thing. I have current and up to date anti virus software. PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRebel View Post
    I highly doubt your claims.. Probably like most people I deal with, they have so much damn malware on their machines that it would take hours to remove it all or a clean wipe and reinstall of the OS and Apps to get it back to a useable state..

As for Firefox acting up.. Have you downloaded the latest version? I'm using Firefox 13b3 and haven't had any of those problems you are talking about.. Now I will say that a couple of revisions back I was getting that same problem with typing something and waiting 1-2 seconds to watch it appear on my screen. It ended up being FireFox and it was happening on all my machines, even the ones that don't use my Exede12 connection..

Once I upgraded to this latest version of Firefox13.b3, I haven't had anymore problems.. Probably also helped with upgrading Adobe Flash as well..

-TexasRebel
    I couldn't care less what you think of my "claims" and the fact you refer to them as "claims" is insulting. Yes, i had the most current version of Firefox. I recently, yesterday actually, uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, and i get the exact same results.

Sounds to me like your computer is infected with malware. Like Steve said, the only type of software from WB that you can install is the optimizer and that is optional on your part. WB does not automatically install anything on your PC. Whoever told you that is either uninformed or lying.

TexasRebel, I deleted your post. Let's keep it clean, courteous, and on-topic. This forum will not tolerate people bashing back and forth at each other. Thank you.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

When i get home from work tonight I will try MalWareBytes. Thank you all for the suggestions. I was so frustrated I had to just let it go, forget abiut it for a while. And yes, I am of the opinion that my computer is infected with something. I am not a computer literate person but it is obvious something is going on. And for those who say Wildblue doesn't put things on hard drives of customer computers, all I can tell you is what i was told during about 90 minutes on the phone with Wildblue tech support. Part of that time was me typing in commands at the direction of the tech person, according to him to remove what they had put on my hard drive. Not saying that person was correct or knew what they were talking about but that is what i was told. It was also confirmed by the supervisor I requested who said i should call back when they could call "corporate"
    Last edited by 50msns; 05-18-2012 at 09:36 AM.