Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ViaSat Fiscal 2012 Year-End Earnings Conference Call May 17

Default ViaSat Fiscal 2012 Year-End Earnings Conference Call May 17

CARLSBAD, Calif., May 10, 2012 -- /PRNewswire/ -- ViaSat Inc. (Nasdaq:VSAT) will host a conference call on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time to discuss fourth quarter and year-end financial results for fiscal year 2012. The dial-in number is (877) 640-9809 in the U.S. and (914) 495-8528 internationally. Listeners can also access the conference call webcast and other material financial information discussed on the conference call in the Investor Relations section of the ViaSat website at investors.viasat.com. The call will be archived and available on that site for approximately one month immediately following the conference call.
    WB-1: 163 Riverside, CA Gateway: Denver AcceleNet Server

Should be a lot of interesting information out of that including how many new customers they have signed up, how Exede is going, plans for the future, etc.

Good stuff. I think they seriously better take a look at the caps. Verizon Homefusion LTE is about at the same level of speed and caps for the price, without the latency. Hughesnet will be launching GEN4 very soon and has the free download zone. In my opinion, Exede is going to have to offer more than it currently does today to stay competitive. While it might be the only game in town today, the marketplace could change drastically in the next year and Viasat should at least be looking at options for responses to their competitors. VOIP, free download zone, higher cap levels....any of these features would make Exede more attractive than it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by jamizer View Post
    Good stuff. I think they seriously better take a look at the caps. Verizon Homefusion LTE is about at the same level of speed and caps for the price, without the latency. Hughesnet will be launching GEN4 very soon and has the free download zone. In my opinion, Exede is going to have to offer more than it currently does today to stay competitive. While it might be the only game in town today, the marketplace could change drastically in the next year and Viasat should at least be looking at options for responses to their competitors. VOIP, free download zone, higher cap levels....any of these features would make Exede more attractive than it is today.
    On the Gen4/Echostar17 I have found nothing about speed, caps or download free zone. As with Exede there is alot of speculation going on out there with nothing in concrete as of yet.

Hughesnet reps have already announced the download zone will be a feature of Gen4.

I look forward to hearing how Viasat plans to retain existing customers (who have not yet committed to Exede) when other alternatives become available later this year. For me personally, the company that offers the best value (in terms of price + speed + download caps + install/support) will get my business. I can say if Exede had a cap free download zone, I would have signed up for it already.

Hughesnet reps have already announced

It's Vaporware until its in print....as in, "subject to change"

Exede and Hughes will be watching each other...so the "ball" is in Hughes court now.

I would suspect Hughes does not want "user migration" from Spaceway 3 to Gen4/Echostar-17...hence, I would not expect "bells/whistles" plans that are better than Spaceway 3 in terms of daily CAPs offered to all Spaceway 3 users.

I am surprised no one has discussed the call. I have only listened to pieces, but a couple tidbits I found interesting.

- The Exede package structure (i.e. cap levels) were based on a 4G wireless structure. Not sure that is comparing apples to apples, but that is what they did. I guess the similiarity to Verizon's Homefusion package structure is apparent here.

- Total new net subscribers for the 4th quarter only equaled about 8000. This is when factoring in disconnects, new customers, etc. The number of legacy customers that were upgraded equaled about 7100 subscribers.

I will have to listen a few more times. Q&A time is always the best of any conference call

The number of legacy customers that were upgraded equaled about 7100 subscribers.
    That seems low....maybe that's specific to ViaSat's customers, not NRTC & DISH.

>>I am surprised no one has discussed the call.

I would have, but I ain't got something installed or something...sound don't work...and it don't work for BBC radio...just have'nt fixed it yet.

I agree the 7100 does sound low. But then, when they offer a plan that offers less than both NRTC and Dish for the same price, why would you signup with Viasat?

According to the following linked article, Viasat added 49,000 subs in the 4th qtr. It also states that orders are far outnumbering actual installs. They hope to ramp up the installs to the point of adding 100,000 per qtr before the end of 2012.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...gher-expenses/
    Recovery Act-Commercial, Viasat-1, Beam 332, Green River, WY Gateway, Salt Lake City, UT AcceleNet server