Thread: Wildblue service manual..

Default Wildblue service manual..

I may have posted this link in previous threads here on the forum, but I'll post it again..

For those of you that are interested in the technology, and terms used in Wildblue's satellite internet world this document should be good reading and reference material for you..it's a .pdf file:

http://wildbluetools.com/content/FS/...viceManual.pdf

Have fun reading this...
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Thanks for the manual wm4bama, but this is a really important question... I found this in the manual and it seems to differ from the FAP on exede.com.
    Does this mean we really get unlimited downloading...?
    "Wild Blue sets usage thresholds on the amount of data customers can upload and
    download measured during Peak period only (4 PM to Midnight customer’s local time).
    The consequences for exceeding the usage threshold are as follows:
    Service is stopped during Peak period when the cap is exceeded
    Service remains available during Off-Peak periods"
    Is this true?
    WB-1 Gateway 101... ViaSat PLEASE do something about the packages! Make them more reasonable!

Keep in mind, that document was written in March, 2011, long before ViaSat-1 was launched, and obviously, contains speculation on speeds and caps that were never implemented by Viasat/Wildblue.

We'll have to wait for the Exede usage meters to be operational and wait for someone to exceed their DAP to see if speeds are OK during "Off-Peak" periods.

Everyone screams for a "free zone" where activity is not counted, and I suppose WB could implement one, but I would not rely on that right now..

I'm sure that when HughesNet has their Gen4 satellite operational, and if they offer a "free zone" that WB will keep pace, or even out-do the competition..

So if our Exede usage turns out to be only measured from 4pm to midnight we'll soon be able to determine that when usage meters are online.
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .