Thread: Do NOT get Wildblue...

Default Do NOT get Wildblue...

Completely unreliable in weather other than clear skies, if you exceed your bandwidth usage it slows down horribly, online customer service is NO help at all, it takes forever to talk to customer service on the phone and when you get them they offer nothing besides "unplug your modem for ten seconds", the "rolling" usage makes it impossible to determine if you are close to going over the limit or not, it's too expensive for horrible service, and if you complain about the FAP they tell you that you'd be better off upgrading your plan(just a selling point). I now know why Wildblue has a FAP, it's because they're a bunch of jerk-offs. Horrible, do not get. You'd be better off with the reliability of dial up. Sure, it's slower, but it's consistent. Eff you, Wildblue.

<---- This should have their modem or dish, instead of a computer.
    Last edited by YoungManTime; 04-23-2012 at 06:40 AM.

YoungManTime, thanks for your thoughtful comments. Actually, we don't want you or anyone else to feel that way. We would like to try and make you a happy customer.

Since your profile says you live in Mississippi, you live in an area where our new 12 Mbps Exede service is available. It's super fast, and based on your comments, it sounds like you'd like it a lot better. If you're interested, you can go to www.exede.com, plug in your zip code, and find a local dealer (scroll down the page to the map). Or you can just call the toll-free number on the exede.com site.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungManTime View Post
    You'd be better off with the reliability of dial up
    Here you go: US Robotics 14.4 Sportster Modem

Ah, the good old days, circ 1991

Btw, Exede dish is larger, and user can see actual signal performance to determine if dish is out of alignment. Rain fade was more common on dishes out of alignment. It still happens, but a dish in alignment will have less downtime.

I agree with You YoungManTime to not get WildBlue but for a different reason. I have called for an upgrade over 3 months ago. Twice it has been "escalated" and I was promised a call 4 times and have never gotten a call from anyone. I called the installer 2 times left a voice mail and no call back from him either. Called today to find out why a box was shipped to my house and they want my equipment that I purchased when I first signed up! The worst customer service that I have encountered in some time. I have canceled my upgrade, will not sign a contract with a company that can not be truthful with me. When I told customer service rep I was canceling the upgrade he did not even try to find out why or if it could be made right. Will try to find another internet solution for my home and cancel them as soon as I do. This company seems to think that they are the only solution for people in rural areas. Again the worst customer service!!

Would love to have email address for Tom Moore but am sure that will never happen! Tried to locate an email address for a complaint but of course there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by littlet View Post
    Would love to have email address for Tom Moore but am sure that will never happen! Tried to locate an email address for a complaint but of course there is none.
    This is very strange and something I don't understand. Perhaps WBSteve will address it. But I don't understand what has happened to customer service. Before this I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM with WB customer service. Their people were polite and expedited the problem quickly. That had always been my experience. Do they now have a whole new crew or has the whole operation changed?
    Legacy Pro Package October 19, 2006 to October 29, 2013. Opted out for Verizon Home Fusion System. Installed October 29, 2013.

Would love to have email address for Tom Moore
    If one reads this press release, it would appear Tom deals with infrastructure aspects in terms coordinating a project.

"His instrumental role in bringing WildBlue from concept to reality including satellite design, procurement, financing, strategic partnerships, ground networking, launch and distribution relationships..."
    WB-1: 163 Riverside, CA Gateway: Denver AcceleNet Server

There will be no more reply than the one I got from Wildblue, nothing! To Phainein, he is the CEO. I don't care what his resume says he should want to know what is going on with the company he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungManTime View Post
    if you exceed your bandwidth usage it slows down horribly...
    Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) do this all the time when a driver exceeds the speed limit, have you brought up this topic to your city/county/state officials, yet?

I don't care what his resume says
    Here's what the press thinks: The Engadget Interview: ViaSat CEO Mark Dankberg on Exede and the future of in-flight WiFi