Thread: Initial Trial Period for Exede?

Default Initial Trial Period for Exede?

I'm wondering if there is any kind of trial period where if Exede won't work I can smoothly exit the 24 month committment? It certainly sounds like the right solution for me, but is there any assurance I can walk away if it doesn't actually work in my location? Nothing unreasonable, 7 days, 2-weeks, something like that.

Thanks for your help.

I asked about that when I ordered, and was told no trial period.

Rebel Rider

Recovery Act Basic plans are subject to a no penalty cancellation within 30 days of activation.
    Recovery Act-Commercial, Viasat-1, Beam 332, Green River, WY Gateway, Salt Lake City, UT AcceleNet server

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman333 View Post
    Recovery Act Basic plans are subject to a no penalty cancellation within 30 days of activation.
    Recovery act plans do not apply here being that they are in Virginia and the recovery act plans are only available in the Western 2/3 rds of the US. My suggestion is to find a local dealer by going to Exede's official site, http://www.viasatresidential.com/ and entering in your zip to find out not only if it is available but also a local dealer and then try the service out on their show room account!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Recovery act plans do not apply here being that they are in Virginia and the recovery act plans are only available in the Western 2/3 rds of the US. My suggestion is to find a local dealer by going to Exede's official site, http://www.viasatresidential.com/ and entering in your zip to find out not only if it is available but also a local dealer and then try the service out on their show room account!
    Shane, which plan do you believe most of the dealers will be operating in their showrooms?
    Forum Moderator (not an employee of Wildblue)

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStorm View Post
    Shane, which plan do you believe most of the dealers will be operating in their showrooms?
    My local dealer has the lowest plan as a demo. Since he is in town and can have the phone company's high speed service he uses that for his business. Let's face it, if high speed cable or phone service were available to satellite subscribers why wouldn't they go there? I can't really believe that Exede thinks it is going to make a dent in that market.
    Legacy Pro Package October 19, 2006 to October 29, 2013. Opted out for Verizon Home Fusion System. Installed October 29, 2013.

If the Dealer has a legacy system it is 1.5 mbps, if a dealer put in for a new show room account on the SB2 stuff then it is 12 MBPS in the ViaSat-1 areas and 5 mbps in the augmented beam areas. If he is not covered by either area then he would still have the legacy equipment.

Default Trial period

The only "periods" are in your contract. Read carefully as the fine print contains a clause that "any prepaid monies will not be refunded". This means that if you cancel one second after your account has been debited you will not recover any of the months payment. Plus, once installed (and then cancel) you have to pay the $15 per month left on your contract. Faster speeds are great but research of how it all works will save any gripes about billing, speed and download limits (fap, dap).

Quote Originally Posted by optimus304 View Post
    The only "periods" are in your contract. Read carefully as the fine print contains a clause that "any prepaid monies will not be refunded". This means that if you cancel one second after your account has been debited you will not recover any of the months payment. Plus, once installed (and then cancel) you have to pay the $15 per month left on your contract. Faster speeds are great but research of how it all works will save any gripes about billing, speed and download limits (fap, dap).

In hindsight it was just pure grace that my initial two orders were so botched that I didn't sign on the dotted line. As you've noted, the best course of action with Exede (and with most products and companies) is "To look before you leap." If it is as really as good as they would have us all believe it will stand the test of time and the free market. If not....
    Legacy Pro Package October 19, 2006 to October 29, 2013. Opted out for Verizon Home Fusion System. Installed October 29, 2013.

Let's clean up this discussion and stay on topic please.
    Forum Moderator (not an employee of Wildblue)