Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Love Exede

Default I Love Exede

Got Exede installed last week, and it has been working great! Never thought we'd see these speeds in rural areas. Thought I'd join the forum, and post feedack.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMER101 View Post
    Got Exede installed last week, and it has been working great! Never thought we'd see these speeds in rural areas. Thought I'd join the forum, and post feedack.
    So far, I have to agree that I like the Exede speeds. Speeds on the old system were ok sometimes but seemed to fall far below usable many times. We best hope Exede remains usable to we end users and does not fall to the sorry state of the old system. Upcoming competition may dictate a much better service from Exede.
    Exede installed 3/8/12 keeping fingers crossed that Viasat will get this thing right.

Glad to hear some positive news. It seems, however, that most of your compatriots who have had the Exede install are not fairing as well. Let's hope your experiences becomes the norm. When it does, I'll try again, but my first experience with Exede was totally negative.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinlives View Post
    Glad to hear some positive news. It seems, however, that most of your compatriots who have had the Exede install are not fairing as well.
    Actually I would say that most of us who have Exede installed are not having major issues. You mostly only hear from people that are having issues on forums like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scorp64 View Post
    Actually I would say that most of us who have Exede installed are not having major issues. You mostly only hear from people that are having issues on forums like this.
    All I know is that I couldn't get past 2 CSRs to professionally schedule an install date. True, complainers are more likely to offer their views than those who are pleased. But there seems to be more of the former than I ever remember there being with the old WB service. For six-years I've had little trouble with either my system or with the CSB. When I did the CSB expedited my local installer quickly and I was back in service. From my experience to date with Exede, that is less than likely to happen if I were to sign on. Before I ever try them again, I'm going to have to be more than convinced that they are not just hype rather than substance.

Default Local independent dealer

All I know is that I couldn't get past 2 CSRs to professionally schedule an install date. True, complainers are more likely to offer their views than those who are pleased. But there seems to be more of the former than I ever remember there being with the old WB service. For six-years I've had little trouble with either my system or with the CSB. When I did the CSB expedited my local installer quickly and I was back in service. From my experience to date with Exede, that is less than likely to happen if I were to sign on. Before I ever try them again, I'm going to have to be more than convinced that they are not just hype rather than substance.
    Judging from your past experience you would probably be more satisfied with both your installation/schedule and with any needed future service if you selected a local independent dealer for your upgrade, if you ever chose to upgrade.

Instead of calling WB CSR's you would have someone local to deal with..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

I have had my system for 2 months, and I must say that I'm very happy with mine. It has never been down when I have tried to use it. I did go with a local installer and he did a great job. Hope everyone else has the same.

My upgrade was installed last Thursday, and I'm ecstatic over the faster speeds, and pray it's always fast like this. One odd thing; the speeds do vary wildly, from a high of 14 mbps to a low of 2mbps, depending on the time of day I test the speeds. But in comparison to the speeds I was getting before the upgrade, I'm very happy. (That's putting it mildly, Lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by wm4bama View Post
    Judging from your past experience you would probably be more satisfied with both your installation/schedule and with any needed future service if you selected a local independent dealer for your upgrade, if you ever chose to upgrade.

Instead of calling WB CSR's you would have someone local to deal with..
    I have a local dealer who installed my original system. He has been great. But apparently you have to go through ViaSat first who in turn will then schedule it with my local dealer. That's been my problem. I can't get past ViaSat CSR to schedule the install! Twice I've tired, each time they tell me there is a "technical problem" on their end and to call back. They have all my information and I even agreed to a package and the price quote. They gave me a small 'discount' for the aggravation, but to add insult to injury never followed-up after that. I'm not that desperate. I'll wait and see if they get their act together and if the reporting in these forums shows an improvement in system performance and service.

Keep in mind, I've had a WB account fo six-years! I'm in their system and I even had to verify my account and information before they would talk to me.
    Last edited by calvinlives; 04-17-2012 at 06:23 AM.

I have a local dealer who installed my original system. He has been great. But apparently you have to go through ViaSat first who in turn will then schedule it with my local dealer. That's been my problem. I can't get past ViaSat CSR to schedule the install! Twice I've tired, each time they tell me there is a "technical problem" on their end and to call back. They have all my information and I even agreed to a package and the price quote. They gave me a small 'discount' for the aggravation, but to add insult to injury never followed-up after that. I'm not that desperate. I'll wait and see if they get their act together and if the reporting in these forums shows an improvement in system performance and service.

Keep in mind, I've had a WB account fo six-years! I'm in their system and I even had to verify my account and information before they would talk to me.

Actually that part is true to a point. You are to be sent back to your local dealer. IF you signed up for the upgrade as early as you have claimed, more than likely you were put into the fulfillment channel. My suggestion is go to your local dealer and have them, while you are there, call partner support and find out where your order is.

Until you do this nothing is going to change. Your continued complaints are being notated by all of us on here but please be proactive and go to your local dealer and see what you can get worked out.