Thread: Charged $400 twice and told i have to fax them a copy of my bill LOL

Default Charged $400 twice and told i have to fax them a copy of my bill LOL

I was looking over my credit card bill the other day and noticed TWO $400 charges from wildblue. So i called them and they had NO INFORMATION and the only thing they could tell me was to fax them a copy of my bill....which is impossible since i'm 50 miles away from a printer or a fax machine and i find it very hard to believe that they can't see these two charges on their end.

So i called my installer and interestingly enough, he knew the whole story. The first charge set off a fraud alert from my credit card company, which i rectified 5 minutes after it happened (March 1st). For some reason they (WB) felt it necessary to not even check the charges and ONE WEEK LATER put through a second charge.

Did they make a mistake? Yes. Did they even attempt to fix it themselves? NO and they're now trying to make it as difficult as possible for me to get my money back. They won't give me an email address to email a printscreen of my bill to and i'm sure they can see on their end that i was charged twice. I'm so aggravated right now

Default Easy way out..

Quote Originally Posted by privatejoker View Post
    I was looking over my credit card bill the other day and noticed TWO $400 charges from wildblue. So i called them and they had NO INFORMATION and the only thing they could tell me was to fax them a copy of my bill....which is impossible since i'm 50 miles away from a printer or a fax machine and i find it very hard to believe that they can't see these two charges on their end.

So i called my installer and interestingly enough, he knew the whole story. The first charge set off a fraud alert from my credit card company, which i rectified 5 minutes after it happened (March 1st). For some reason they (WB) felt it necessary to not even check the charges and ONE WEEK LATER put through a second charge.

Did they make a mistake? Yes. Did they even attempt to fix it themselves? NO and they're now trying to make it as difficult as possible for me to get my money back. They won't give me an email address to email a printscreen of my bill to and i'm sure they can see on their end that i was charged twice. I'm so aggravated right now
    The easy way to correct this is with your credit card company...log into your credit card account, go to the second charge and click the "I Dispute this charge" option, they give you a text window to describe why and you just give them the facts, and when you called WB's customer support and what answers they gave you.

Your credit card company will give you immediate temporary credit for the disputed charge so you don't have to pay it on your next bill, and the credit card company will contact WB and straighten out the whole mess.

You'd be surprised how easy it is for a credit card company to get the attention of a biller that's in the wrong...

I've done this several times...it sure beats arguing with someone that tells you to fax a bill, or that they can't see if from their end...they will see it when your credit card company reverses the charge to them...
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

privatejoker,
    Sorry about the hassle with this. It does sound like it inadvertently got double billed, but we'll fix it. Send an email of your printscreen to us at viasatlistens@viasat.com

I'll forward it on to Customer Care and ask them to help you out with this. Thank you.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wm4bama View Post
    The easy way to correct this is with your credit card company...log into your credit card account, go to the second charge and click the "I Dispute this charge" option, they give you a text window to describe why and you just give them the facts, and when you called WB's customer support and what answers they gave you.

Your credit card company will give you immediate temporary credit for the disputed charge so you don't have to pay it on your next bill, and the credit card company will contact WB and straighten out the whole mess.

You'd be surprised how easy it is for a credit card company to get the attention of a biller that's in the wrong...

I've done this several times...it sure beats arguing with someone that tells you to fax a bill, or that they can't see if from their end...they will see it when your credit card company reverses the charge to them...
    I was going to do this but i didn't want to risk losing my service. I need this connection to telecommute for work

Quote Originally Posted by WB Steve View Post
    privatejoker,
    Sorry about the hassle with this. It does sound like it inadvertently got double billed, but we'll fix it. Send an email of your printscreen to us at viasatlistens@viasat.com

I'll forward it on to Customer Care and ask them to help you out with this. Thank you.
    Thanks! All i wanted was an email address to send a printscreen to and the kid on the phone couldn't give me one. I'll reference this thread in my email. Thanks again!

I got your email and forwarded it to customer care. Someone there will check into your question about the billing, and probably will contact you. Thank you.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Thanks...hopefully they respond asap. I have to pay this bill in a week and i really don't have $400 to throw around right now

They never called me so I had to dispute the charge. My bill was due and I don't have an extra $400 right now Maybe Chase can fax them a copy of the statement