Thread: Wildblue / Exede - FatCow.com

Default Wildblue / Exede - FatCow.com

Hello:

Since switching over to Wildblue/Exede I am unable to log into my FatCow.com hosting site. If I use another internet provider other than Wildblue / Exede everything is fine.

When I log into my fatcow.com account, I see a message that says successfully logged on please wait and instead of continuing on to the control panel it returns to the log in screen.

People have suggested using a free VPN service or anonymouse.org
    I have NOT tried these, because I would like to find a way of logging in without using a indirect way.

Is there some type of setting or something I need to do to make Wildblue/Exede work with fatcow.com

NOTE: I tried contacting Wildblue/Exede by chat and after asking the question they just disconnected the chat session (more than once). And everyone at FatCow.com says it works fine for them. No real finger pointing but, no real help either.

BobVal

2. Default

Just a thought…. Have you enabled passive FTP in your browser? If not you might want to give it a try. It only takes seconds to change it.

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/n...ssiveftpie.htm

Also if you have the WildBlue optimizer installed .. Uninstall it…
    Last edited by xmas2000; 03-03-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Add info

Default Tried your suggestion - still a problem

Tried everything you suggested and still cannot get on.

I says Successfully authenticated, Please wait and instead of going to the control panel screen bounces back to the logon screen.

BobVal
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have a similar problem. I frequently use a site called Pogo.com and since the day I had my Exede system installed I have not been able to stay signed in. Normally I just click out w/o signing out and when I go back I just go to the homepage unless I clean files. Now every time I go back I have to sign in again. It is not my computer because I had it in the shop for an unrelated repair and it stayed signed in with another provider and it does it with all 3 computers. I have asked WB, the tech that installed my system (he suggested a 15 yo computer geek could fix it in a second), Pogo and even WB Steve in another forum discussion and no one was able to fix it. It is mostly just a nuisance, but it is making me crazy. I am definitely not a geek or 15 and have no idea. Any suggestions?

I use Fatcow also, just got hooked up here with Wildblue. Just logged in or tried to with IE and Firefox. No good here. Great. Sure it works fine for them, not me THOUGH. If you get a solution please post here. I noticed in IE it said I logged in and had my user name at top but still goes back to login area. BLAH!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by puritanize View Post
    I use Fatcow also, just got hooked up here with Wildblue. Just logged in or tried to with IE and Firefox. No good here. Great. Sure it works fine for them, not me THOUGH. If you get a solution please post here. I noticed in IE it said I logged in and had my user name at top but still goes back to login area. BLAH!
    Its likely something with the proxy changing the IP its using to fetch the website.

Do you have some type of optimizer installed or is it done by the modem?

What does http://www.whatismyip.com/ say. If you reload it does your ip change?

also I just looked and It looks like a hosting account right?

When I logon to my hosting account it takes me to cpanel on a non standard port. like domain.com:8088\
    If fatcow is doing this then the port may be blocked.
    Last edited by tmaster; 03-15-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Sub since 6/22/2007 AT&T Value Service Sat:Wildblue1 Gateway:Duluth Beam:123 Dlink Router ZyXel repeater

Hey
    Thanks for replying.
    No optimizer here, just running off my modem
    IP does not change at all from day to day.

Yah it's a hosting account, but no cpanel - it runs off their control panel. I have tried all 4 browsers. Once in IE I see it logged me in but I could not get to their control panel.
    Now I cannot even log in, says info invalid, i change it and still nothing. I will call fatcow first, then wildblue...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by puritanize View Post
    Hey
    Thanks for replying.
    No optimizer here, just running off my modem
    IP does not change at all from day to day.

Yah it's a hosting account, but no cpanel - it runs off their control panel. I have tried all 4 browsers. Once in IE I see it logged me in but I could not get to their control panel.
    Now I cannot even log in, says info invalid, i change it and still nothing. I will call fatcow first, then wildblue...
    Yea but are they running of a port other than 80 is the point?
    When you are logged on normaly do you see #s after the domain name before the first / like this domain.com:8088/

But your right fatcow needs to understand that what ever they are using to logon is non standard and does not work with your satellite connection.

I suspect its some type of redirect to a non standard port and E is blocking it.
    Sub since 6/22/2007 AT&T Value Service Sat:Wildblue1 Gateway:Duluth Beam:123 Dlink Router ZyXel repeater

Not sure if someone at WildBlue did something, but as of Today 5/24/2012 11:42AM EST I was able to log into FatCow.com Control Panel.

Thank You whoever FIXED this I surely a happy camper.

BobVal