Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: New Exede customers experience with our modems

Default Shane???

Quote Originally Posted by Basset Hound View Post
    I have a red dot next to the item called Bullfrog VG on the TRIA test. Does that help?
    That should have a green check mark...problem is, I don't know what that measurement means, other than you may need a new Tria..

Maybe Shane, or another installer/service tech will chime in and explain what Bullfrog VG means....I suspect it means your Tria is either not pulling enough current, or too much...

At any rate, it gives your service tech something to clear up..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRebel View Post
    you got way better RX SNR than I do.. I wish I got over 10dBm. I only get maybe 7.4dBm.

everything looks good from what I can tell. Either your TRIA is faulty or your cabling is bad for you to have such bad speeds or dropouts..

-TexasRebel
    Thanks for the information.

Like I said in another post:

I have a red dot next to the item called Bullfrog VG on the TRIA test. Does that help?

What is Bullfrog VG?

Quote Originally Posted by Basset Hound View Post
    Thanks for the information.

Like I said in another post:

What is Bullfrog VG?
    have no idea what Bullfrog VG is... VG could mean Variable Gain?!? That's probably something only the R&D people at ViaSat would know.. Very doubtful that 1st or 2nd tier support would know technical terminology and what it does..

-TexasRebel

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRebel View Post
    have no idea what Bullfrog VG is... VG could mean Variable Gain?!? That's probably something only the R&D people at ViaSat would know.. Very doubtful that 1st or 2nd tier support would know technical terminology and what it does..

-TexasRebel
    If they don't know what it is or what it does how are they going to fix the problem? Interesting but pretty typical. Thanks for your help.

Maybe someone else knows what Bullfrog VG means on the TRIA test.

Hey Basset, you were posting at the exact same time I was...read my reply in post 91, just above your last post..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Quote Originally Posted by wm4bama View Post
    Hey Basset, you were posting at the exact same time I was...read my reply in post 91, just above your last post..
    Thanks. I hope the service rep who's coming on Monday knows what it is. It would be nice to know myself before he/she comes.

Very strange ------- Shortly after 4:00 P.M. I lost the Internet again. After waiting about ten to fifteen minutes (after trimming nails on our seven basset hound puppies) I rebooted the modem and it rebooted correctly! The Bullfrog VG now shows green. It's a good thing I printed out the page when it was red.

I find it very interesting and extremely disappointing that no one on this forum can help with this problem or knows what Bullfrog VG on the Status means. While I'm very glad to see that the Moderator for this forum is independent from the company it seems that someone would be checking to see what is being said and helping out with issues like mine.

I had stated in another post ....sorry if you did not see it, that WBSteve is out for this week on Wildblue business. I had hoped one our trusty installer-members would be able to answer that one for you. I'm sorry you've not gotten an answer.
    Forum Moderator (not an employee of Wildblue)

I am a certified and I don't have a clue about the Bullfrog VG. I called tech support and they didn't have any idea either. I was told that only an engineer could answer that for me. When I asked to speak with one of the engineers I was told that would require escalation to advanced tech support and that they could only do that if I was on-site where the problem was occurring. So I guess if I want to know the answer I would have to drive to the customer's home and call back. Or - I could call back and lie that I am there. Aren't they helpful???

that last post should have read "certified technician"