Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WildBlue customers with routers who have upgraded to Exede

Default WildBlue customers with routers who have upgraded to Exede

Hello all,
    If you were previously a WB customer, and recently upgraded to Exede, AND you use a wireless or wired router, please let us know about your experiences so far. I'm asking this because a few people have posted that their WB service worked fine with a router plugged into our modem, but that their Exede service is having some trouble connecting with their router plugged in. Please let us know how it's been working, for better or for worse. All feedback is appreciated, and let's please restrict this thread only to this topic to keep it from getting cluttered. Thank you!

P.S. If you respond here with your feedback, can you please also include your ZIP code where you use the service? If you've had trouble involving a router, please indicate the make and model of the router (e.g. Linksys, Netgear, DLink, etc). Thank you.
    Last edited by WB Steve; 02-29-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

No problem here...same router....after installer disconnected his laptop from the modem I did have to do a power cycle re-boot of the router and re-boot of the computer to get all the new addresses setup correctly..

After the re-boots all works as it's supposed to..my speed tests have been from both my wired desktop and wireless laptop..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

no problem here using netgear 150 worked with old system and works great with new system
    win7, viasat1 , gateway: alburquerque ,beam: 342

Linksys/Cisco E4200 ... works fine... nothing wired, all wireless. Upgraded from DSL to Exede.

Linksys WRT54G2 and Windows XP at home 76665 TX.

Speed test are consistent around 12Mbps DL 1.5Mbps UL with no significant drop off at peak times.

Very happy with Exede so far.
    Satellite: ViaSat Exede.. Windows XP..Linksys WRT54G2... Platinum Package Dish Network

Problem here. Viasat Exede installed this morning. IMO, the installation went well. I replaced the old WB thru DishNet which is still in place and I can go back by switching cables and modem if necessary.
    New system seems to work fine, speed test at 10Mps down which is ok with me.
    My Linksys model WRT54G wireless-G router 2.4GHz 54Mbps had been running flawlessly on my old system. We could not get it to work with the new system.
    The laptop on the lan seems to communicate with the router but nothing will communicate with the router in the system. I am currently on Exede without the router in the system.
    So has anything been resolved on this, Steve?
    Install is in zip 37874. The tech has left and I can see this is not his problem.
    I am running Win XP.

Default Rebooting router and computer

Quote Originally Posted by oldogy View Post
    Problem here. Viasat Exede installed this morning. IMO, the installation went well. I replaced the old WB thru DishNet which is still in place and I can go back by switching cables and modem if necessary.
    New system seems to work fine, speed test at 10Mps down which is ok with me.
    My Linksys model WRT54G wireless-G router 2.4GHz 54Mbps had been running flawlessly on my old system. We could not get it to work with the new system.
    The laptop on the lan seems to communicate with the router but nothing will communicate with the router in the system. I am currently on Exede without the router in the system.
    So has anything been resolved on this, Steve?
    Install is in zip 37874. The tech has left and I can see this is not his problem.
    I am running Win XP.
    Read post #2 above in this thread...I have the same router as you do, and after the installer disconnected his laptop from the modem I reconnected my router and nothing worked until I powered off the router for a few seconds, powered it back up and gave it time to reboot and fetch new addresses from the modem, then reboot my computer to get new addresses from the router.

Then everything worked as expected..try that..
    Last edited by wm4bama; 03-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Quote Originally Posted by wm4bama View Post
    Read post #1 above in this thread...I have the same router as you do, and after the installer disconnected his laptop from the modem I reconnected my router and nothing worked until I powered off the router for a few seconds, powered it back up and gave it time to reboot and fetch new addresses from the modem, then reboot my computer to get new addresses from the router.

Then everything worked as expected..try that..
    I will try this procedure in the sequence sometime this afternoon. Thanks.
    Update: Tried the procedure with no change.
    Last edited by oldogy; 03-07-2012 at 01:07 PM.

oldogy, can you please try again, but do a little bit more.

Power down everything....PC, router and our modem.

Then turn them back on in this order.

1. Exede modem (give it a couple minutes to fully boot before proceeding)
    2. Your router (again, give it a couple minutes to fully boot before proceeding)
    3. Your PC

If that doesn't work, then we might need to get you a service call. Let us know. Thank you.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by oldogy View Post
    I will try this procedure in the sequence sometime this afternoon. Thanks.
    Update: Tried the procedure with no change.
    Have you checked the configuration of your router? It sounds like something in the configuration is explicitly set rather than being dynamic. As a last resort, you could try doing a hard reset of your router. It's a pain to reconfigure your security settings, but that might get things moving.