Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildblue exede usage meter

Default Wildblue exede usage meter

Since the Wildblue exede usage meter is down for what appears to be an indefite period. Is there another way for me as new user to keep track of usage and allowance quotas? I have no idea how much of the 7.5 Gb I have used or have left until the 7 of March. Please advise if there is another way to track or check usage.

Thru Death's Door on Washington Island in Wisconsin

Windoze Task Manager Networking tab info box at the bottom has many options for bit and byte traffic indication.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

3. Default

I agree with D.H.

Right Click on your taskbar/
    Select: Start Task Manager
    Click on Networking Tab
    Your Total Bytes Sent and Received for the time Task Manager is ON displays for:

Local Area Network Connection
    Wireless Network Connection

When you close Task Manager, you lose the recorded bytes and it resets to zero when you reopen it.
    Sig: Pro Pak _Riverside Gateway_ Beam 31_ANIK F2_UM TRIA_Win 7 HP x64_FF 31.0/Chrome 36..125_Starband 4 yrs._Satisfied w/WB_8.3 yrs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Windoze Task Manager Networking tab info box at the bottom has many options for bit and byte traffic indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_K View Post
    I agree with D.H.

Right Click on your taskbar/
    Select: Start Task Manager
    Click on Networking Tab
    Your Total Bytes Sent and Received for the time Task Manager is ON displays for:

Local Area Network Connection
    Wireless Network Connection

When you close Task Manager, you lose the recorded bytes and it resets to zero when you reopen it.
    This may be true if, and only if, there is no other traffic on the LAN.
    Forum Agitator; you know, like that thingy in a washing machine that drives the dirt out.

I only see the Adapter name, network utilization, link speed and State, where does it count the GB? Processes, CPU Usage and Commit Charge: are in the bottom of the Task Manager window ????

Thru Death's Door on Washington Island in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons View Post
    are in the bottom of the Task Manager window ????
    Networking tab
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    This will not give you an accurate upload/download reading as this count is reset when the computer is rebooted. Also it will not take in to account the use of the other computers/devices on your network.

An alternate to the Wildblue usage web page is to go directly in to your ViaSat Modem. Open a web browser and navigate to http://192.168.100.1 <-this is the most common address. Once that web page opens, click on "modem" on the left side of the screen. Now look at the bottom right of that page. You'll want to combine Transmitted bytes and Received bytes to get your total use.

Transmitted bytes + Received bytes / 1,073,741,824 = GigaByte Used

ex:

Transmitted bytes: 1,600,000,000
    Received bytes: 1,500,000,000

1,600,000,000 + 1,500,000,000 / 1,073,741,824 = 2.887GB

~RigorMortis

Default Thank You Rigor!

That's the answer I needed, since the task manager display is of no use to me. It's *cumulative* total bytes that I need to track the usage plan.

I power-cycled my modem and noticed that the "Transmitted" and "Received" byte counters reset to zero after the power cycle..

So this may not be a reliable method to use unless you write the totals down each day...just in case of a brief power outage resets your counters..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

I like this better, ever if the counters reset. Now if WB tries to say you exceeded your DAP Limits and you know they're wrong, you could start logging your usage in Bytes this way. And they have Data Converters all over the web.
    WB-1 Gateway 101... ViaSat PLEASE do something about the packages! Make them more reasonable!