Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exede Usage Meter Issue

Default Exede Usage Meter Issue

I've had the Exede service for a little over a week (went from a Sprint 3G Broadband service) and according the usage meter have used over 165Gb..including over 50Gb last evening alone! No..haven't changed any usage patterns, no gaming, no movies. We're trying to keep the usage the same - for now - as if we still had the 3G service.

I've been tracking the usage through the ViaSat modem and my router and the numbers I'm seeing are around 1Gb.

I've called Tech Support and they have confirmed that there are some issues with the Usage Meter and I am not the only one who has called. They have had trouble even accessing my modem.

Just an fyi in case new Exede customers are watching their usage and seeing "curious numbers".

Default Others report...

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdguy View Post
    I've had the Exede service for a little over a week (went from a Sprint 3G Broadband service) and according the usage meter have used over 165Gb..including over 50Gb last evening alone! No..haven't changed any usage patterns, no gaming, no movies. We're trying to keep the usage the same - for now - as if we still had the 3G service.

I've been tracking the usage through the ViaSat modem and my router and the numbers I'm seeing are around 1Gb.

I've called Tech Support and they have confirmed that there are some issues with the Usage Meter and I am not the only one who has called. They have had trouble even accessing my modem.

Just an fyi in case new Exede customers are watching their usage and seeing "curious numbers".
    Some others have reported that for the first 60 days of Exede service that your usage will not be counted by their DAP software...

I don't know if this is true or not, but it makes sense that WB needs some time to iron out any software issues associated with this new service...

One things for sure...if WB was enforcing your DAP limits right now, you would be capped and placed on dial-up speeds ...so maybe the reports are true and for the first 60 days you will not be monitored for DAP,,,
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Quote Originally Posted by wm4bama View Post
    Some others have reported that for the first 60 days of Exede service that your usage will not be counted by their DAP software...

I don't know if this is true or not, but it makes sense that WB needs some time to iron out any software issues associated with this new service...

One things for sure...if WB was enforcing your DAP limits right now, you would be capped and placed on dial-up speeds ...so maybe the reports are true and for the first 60 days you will not be monitored for DAP,,,
    Yes, the first two times I called, the Tech Support reps said they were not enforcing the caps the first and/or (depending on which rep I talked to) second month. The second rep even said they were going to evaluate usage to see if the caps were "high enough or not". Ha. I doubt that.

I just hope they get this fixed soon..I'm tired of explaining to the rep - 3 times so far - "yes, my wireless is secured", "no, I have no cloud backups running", "no, I have no kids who are gaming", etc., etc.

Well, for the first 24 hours that I used Exede before my brand new modem died, the usage was accurate and updated hourly. So maybe WB has corrected the problems with the Exede usage meter.

Well it may be a problem with my installation because yesterday at 2:40pm I disconnected the modem from my network (it is connected to nothing at this point) and my usage grew from an already wrong 203Gb down/3.8Gb up to 231.7Gb down/4.2Gb up as of 7:28am this morning. Hmmm.

The usage meter was Ok on day 1...wrong on days 2-4....correct on days 5-7 and now wrong days 8-10.

I'll be on the phone with Tech Support again this morning to report this information.

6. Default Excede Beta Testers

Thanks to all y'all brave beta testers out there...I know Exede/ViaSat appreciates your paid participation.
    Sig: Pro Pak _Riverside Gateway_ Beam 31_ANIK F2_UM TRIA_Win 7 HP x64_FF 31.0/Chrome 36..125_Starband 4 yrs._Satisfied w/WB_8.3 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdguy View Post
    Whats the modem deal? How are you accessing the modem?
    Sub since 6/22/2007 AT&T Value Service Sat:Wildblue1 Gateway:Duluth Beam:123 Dlink Router ZyXel repeater

Quote Originally Posted by tmaster View Post
    Whats the modem deal? How are you accessing the modem?
    Open browser and go to 192.168.100.1
    Click on the "Modem".

It will show a number of items (IP address, MAC address, uptime, etc) as well as the transmitted and received bytes.

I connect the modem to a router which also shows those statistics.

I currently have the modem disconnected from my network and usage continues to grow. My next step is to disconnect the coax from the modem but I'm afraid I will lose the usage statistics.

Default Usage meter offline

Well hopefully this is a sign something is being resolved (or they're just tired of me calling)...

Usage Meter
    We're sorry, our data usage meter is currently offline.
    During this time we will not slow your access speed except for extreme usage cases.

I hope that is a good sign. They have me doing 10gb in the last 5 days since I got it--which isn't likely at all considering I've been doing 10gb a month with my mifi before that and usage hasn't changed much.