Thread: Not getting FAP notices?

Default Not getting FAP notices?

New member - hopefully I am in the right spot for this question. I am a WildBlue customer, via Dish Network. Gold package. Some background first....

I try to monitor our usage with the Reality Ripple monitor, since the monitor/gadget I had originally used (by logging in with my dish mail address to the google page) hasn't worked for months.

Over Christmas break our usage went sky high - kids home, online shopping, etc. It stayed at a manageable 80% for the most part. After the first of the year it has spiked into the high 90's with one day at 100%. I am trying to keep usage to a bare minimum to get it back down. Thanks to Doug's post I have somewhat of an understanding on how the 30 day usage cap works.

Now for the questions...

1. Why am I not getting any FAP warnings? I have gotten warning in the past. The end of June to be specific. Shouldn't I have been sent some type of an email warning? I have checked my spam folders just in case it was put there - nothing...

2. Will the Reality Ripple monitor work again? Is there any monitor that is working? I would like to keep an eye on our usage.

Also - my speeds don't seem to be that "off" either. Not blazing fast, but it never is. But OH SO much better than dial-up

Thanks for any input.

2. Default

I believe that your FAP warning e-mails come from DN for their customers and not from WB.

It depends on how the RR WBBM has been disabled and whether it is re-enabled. Again, I think that your 'official' usage indication is from DN. Mine, https://myaccount.wildblue.net:8443/wbisp/wildblue.net/ worked last I tried it, early this morning.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

3. Default

One reason you might not be getting the email is that DISH doesn't have your most up to date email address on file. If you send me a PM here I can try to get them to add it to your account over there. Thank you.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Thanks for your replies. I did check my dishmail account settings and my email address is correct and has not ever changed.

I was able to check my usage using the dishmail customer portal.

Thanks from snowy and COLD NW Iowa.