Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exede plans for Wildblue

Everything in my post above is correct. ViaSat-1 is NOT at 111.1 and 4 is significant when you have trees (It was amazing that customer support could not provide any ViaSat-1 location info other than the new satellite is in a different location/altitude). Existing customers do not get vouchers or free night time downloads with ViaSat-1 as was promised me when I signed up for the 111.1 satellite last year; they instead pay an extra $100 (no confusion here). If those reading these posts have any other alternative option, it would be better than going with Wild Blue

Default Are you sure you're reading it correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by dumdie View Post
    Everything in my post above is correct. ViaSat-1 is NOT at 111.1 and 4 is significant when you have trees (It was amazing that customer support could not provide any ViaSat-1 location info other than the new satellite is in a different location/altitude). Existing customers do not get vouchers or free night time downloads with ViaSat-1 as was promised me when I signed up for the 111.1 satellite last year; they instead pay an extra $100 (no confusion here). If those reading these posts have any other alternative option, it would be better than going with Wild Blue
    What part of my post said ViaSat-1 is at 111.1 ??

ViaSat-1 is located at 115.1, and if you're currently getting Anik-F2 or WB-1 which are at 111.1, you will have no problem pointing at ViaSat-1..but it's always wise to first get a site survey..

And, 4 is not a significant difference from Anik-F2 and WB-1...a 4 movement is a very small amount when you project it to a point 22,000 miles up..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Quote Originally Posted by calvinlives View Post
    This was a complete snow-job! There is no reason for an old WB customer to sign up for this abortion. The only thing they have to offer is more speed. As noted, they cut your broadband usage (Pro package is 22MB combined down/load/upload) to 15 MB combined for the same price plus $10 bucks a month lease fee plus installation!

Before I got the scoop I called to sign-up. The first time I spent a half-hour with a know-nothing rep who then said there were "technical problems" and to call back in four days! I called back in five and got the same run around. Eleven days after that I get a call with a message to call them to sign me up! ViaSat is clueless and if this is a sign of things to come they will be dead before they start!
    It's not a snow job. Not the greatest deal, but they are offering more than speed. They are offering a far better experience due to much lower latency and optimizations.

Quote Originally Posted by churn View Post
    It's not a snow job. Not the greatest deal, but they are offering more than speed. They are offering a far better experience due to much lower latency and optimizations.
    I tried Exede in my installers shop. The speed is the only thing I noticed that had improved and to tell you the truth for what you're going to be paying, coupled with the reduced broadband allowance, I wasn't impressed. Needless to say, how I was treated on two separate occasions by "sales reps" left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

I have been a WB Pro subscriber for almost six-years. I've had few problems and my local installer is great. But I won't touch Exede until and unless I see that this "fish floats". So far there seems to be a number of people like me who are far from thrilled.

VisSat has a big investment in this baby, so let's hope they get their act together and start treating customers like they are really valued instead of how fast they can sign them up.

Last edited by calvinlives; 04-08-2012 at 05:13 AM.

I am Stuck in the Middle of My Pro plan which has never produced the Speeds they advertise. My speeds have been at the lowest package speeds and so I am going to get rid of WildBlue. Trying to get tech support is a Joke

Smile No Excede in my area yet.....

Does anyone know if there is a way to let WB or Viasat know that as a property owner I would be willing to have an Excede tower put on my property? Customer Service Rep suggested I post my request here....

Default Zip code

Quote Originally Posted by cebees View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to let WB or Viasat know that as a property owner I would be willing to have an Excede tower put on my property? Customer Service Rep suggested I post my request here....
    What's your zip code?

Is your problem a line-of-sight problem to the satellite? Have you had a site survey by a Wildblue/Exede independent dealer?
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .