Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: More FAP comments from another sad customer

25GB would be good for any average household if it wasn't so damn expensive. If it was $90 a month, that I'd consider reasonable. The prices they are trying to make us pay for those new services are just plain ridiclous. Their site should say "Great News, Wildblue Just Got Suckier! You Now Have to Pay More For Less Bandwidth But More Speeds. You Can Stream TV Shows and Movies Too, But You'll Hit Your Cap That Much Faster. Enjoy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeljkoster View Post
    Actually the tool only gives you history from the time installed. And it only reports the running 30 day total. I just installed it and whatever history period I select starts with the time I first ran the tool. It will be marginally useful in the sense I am asking for only 30 days from today. And then it only reports the 30 day total, not the actual daily usage. Please prove me wrong on this...

I'm simply offering examples of how a competitor is doing a better job in my own opinion at FAP management. Something that could possibly work better for me. In reality neither service can claim much more than "better than dialup" at this time. I think it could work for me also to switch providers every few years. I may be back with WB in 2015, or I may somehow get satisfaction and stay with WB. It all is depending on how this goes. Someday we will have enough alternative technology e.g. terrestrial beam plus TVWS infrastructure that satellite internet will be pushed further into a corner. Unless and until it can provide broadband data volume on a routine basis.

Thanks again and no harm intended,

Michael
    Michael, if you have a wireless router look and see if your able to monitor your data usage per day. I have a Netgear and i'm able to see how much bandwidth i upload and download by day and month.
    WB Active 9/05 - Good bye WB - After 7 years i'm switching to some one else:

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeljkoster View Post
    Actually the tool only gives you history from the time installed. And it only reports the running 30 day total. I just installed it and whatever history period I select starts with the time I first ran the tool. It will be marginally useful in the sense I am asking for only 30 days from today. And then it only reports the 30 day total, not the actual daily usage. Please prove me wrong on this...
    Michael
    Try mine you can log the data and chart it anyway you like using excel
    http://www.box.com/shared/7dj5v0b98y

It creates a running 30 day log and a unending history log since first install stored in a (CSV) file.

The latest version includes a new test program to create some charts if you dont want to use excel.

But I agree with you that wildblue needs to display this info for us. Since I signed up under AT&T I can not even access the wildblue website I have to use a old 2008 website AT&T built.
    Sub since 6/22/2007 AT&T Value Service Sat:Wildblue1 Gateway:Duluth Beam:123 Dlink Router ZyXel repeater

This for daily and hourly rates usage monitoring

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Quote Originally Posted by coopperdog View Post
    Just give me a clean slate every 30days and i will be happy with 17gig.
    When we signed up it did reset every 30 days. One day they just changed it with no notice to existing customers. I would be glad to see it go back to the way it was when we signed up and bought our equipment...
    Sub since 6/22/2007 AT&T Value Service Sat:Wildblue1 Gateway:Duluth Beam:123 Dlink Router ZyXel repeater