Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optimizer Yes? Optimizer No?

Default Optimizer Yes? Optimizer No?

I go to the Help link and this message appears at top of page:

Your internet connection is not optimized!
    If you are a WildBlue Direct customer, you can improve your connection with the WildBlue Optimizer.

I have been told it is installed, by WB "techs" if I show the icons for Email, Portal, & Help on my desktop, which I do. So is it or not? If so, then why the message?

I, get the same message. WB tech says I do, but the website say's I don't.

The message will only work correctly when you have the WB proxy enabled.

For Internet Explorer open Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings and verify the WB proxy server is enabled.

In Firefox, use Options/Advanced/Network/Settings and verify the Proxy server is enabled.

That's the only thing the website checks is to see if you have the proxy server enabled in whatever browser you're using.

If you, as you should have for best and most reliable performance, disabled the WB proxy server you will get that message...ignore it..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

never had it and have no care for it.... been without it from day one I have a mac and tech didnt know how to install it or if it ran on it ....Ive been told when making calls I am getting great numbers as far as speed so dont seem to need it

Tech just installed my Exede system, said don't use Optimizer and avoid Firefox. Any thoughts on that advice (I happen to like Firefox).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
    Tech just installed my Exede system, said don't use Optimizer and avoid Firefox. Any thoughts on that advice (I happen to like Firefox).
    No reason I know to aviod Firefox, it is my main browser.
    Exede3 - Anik F2 - Beam 62 - Riverside Gateway

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
    WB recommends Firefox. Sounds like your installer needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcoe View Post
    WB recommends Firefox. Sounds like your installer needs to go back to school.
    WB recommended Firefox for the legacy systems. Is it the same for Exede?

Uninstall the optimizer...it will defeat most of the AcceleNet technology.

I too was a Firefox fan until I upgraded to Exede12...Many tests later and Chrome runs circles around Firefox with Exede12...Opera was second place with Firefox very close to Opera...IE8/IE9 was in 4th place and Safari, on a PC, was last...Safari seems to work good on Mac's, but slow on PC's..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

thanks to you i gave chrome a chance and it is faster
    i use it as my main with firefox as a backup
    win7, viasat1 , gateway: alburquerque ,beam: 342