Thread: Direct TV

Default Direct TV

Okay, so we're at 97% fap/dap, have been for days, it's not coming down. Well, right now, Direct TV is downloading new software, if we go over the usage tomorrow I am going to be ******! Husband's asleep and I'm not online, should give us an idea if Direct TV is causing our high usage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kamala View Post
    Okay, so we're at 97% fap/dap, have been for days, it's not coming down. Well, right now, Direct TV is downloading new software, if we go over the usage tomorrow I am going to be ******! Husband's asleep and I'm not online, should give us an idea if Direct TV is causing our high usage issues.
    How is your WB connected? Is it connected through your DirecTV equipment or by itself? I don't recall the exact information but another customer had a similar problem and it was discovered the the DirecTV installer had connected the TV setup and the WB internet together causing the FAP. There is another thread on the forum about this problem. Hopefully you can find it or someone else will remember the problem and be helpful.
    Ron ~ Wildblue Select Pak since 01-2006, Anik F2 Beam 26, service through NRTC, Dell XPS, 2Gig Ram, XP Pro, Router DD-WRT- WRT54GL, Laptop, Dell XPS - Windows 7

Well said Ron!! My suggestion, although others would argue, is to disconnect any tv recievers from the Wildblue systems. It has been my experience and my understanding that when a DTV or a Dishnetwork reciever is connected to the internet then it does some updates through that connection as well as the capabilities for streaming movies. The internet connection is also used by providers to connect to your reciever and get any pay-per-view information just like they did with phone lines of old.

Good news? Still at 97% today, looks like Direct TV isn't using our WB connection. Last year we upgraded to two HD boxes and one regular, my understanding is some of the Direct TV techs were connecting HD boxes to WB cables, I think that's what a read. Anyway, looks like that's not the case here.