Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Stamps

Default Time Stamps

Is it just me? This is what I see at the bottom of the page:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Well, no, it's not. 08:54 PM, by my reckoning. What's the deal?

2. Default

Mike
    WB1| Beam 133 | Gateway Duluth | Jan 2009

Exede12 | Beam 331 | Gateway Salt Lake City | March 2012

3. Default

No. ATM it is 0557 CDT
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    No. ATM it is 0557 CDT
    But the time stamp on your post reads: 12:59AM...I have CDT selected on my CP (Options)...baffled, I am.

5. Default

The time at the bottom of my page is off also, but I've never paid attention to it.

The server hosting this forum has its time set wrong.
    WB1 | Beam 101 | Seattle Gateway | Pro Pack | Previous Customer Nov 2008 - Dec 2012 | DSL since Dec 2012

That makes sense, and is what I suspected.

8. Default

I was told the time on the site, at the bottom is amiss. LOL If it bothers you that it is off, put tape on your monitor.
    Forum Moderator (not an employee of Wildblue)

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStorm View Post
    I was told the time on the site, at the bottom is amiss. LOL If it bothers you that it is off, put tape on your monitor.
    Nah, it's not that...when I set my time zone (-6) on my CP, all of the time stamps on posts were screwed up. I fixed it by lying to whoever/whatever, and selecting -1 as my time zone. The world is right side up, now.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStorm View Post
    Or, whoever runs the site could fix the time. I never really paid attention to it, but if the site admin can't even set the time right, it makes one wonder what else they get wrong....