Thread: I also hate this service

Hybrid View

Default I also hate this service

We purchased the most MB's package we could @ 80 per month, and dont watch a single video and hardly down load a thing and still manage to reach the bandwidth limit at times to get slowed down. Come you have to be kidding me they say this is kind of a business one, 3 computers surfing the web hardly and business stuff!!!! I would like to know how do the places like camp grounds you go to advertise free internet with this service and not go over BW? There are a lot more computers on it than the 3 I have doing a lot more than I do, also why is it that people in GR can get phone,TV and internet ( that is faster with no BW limit) for the same I am paying for just one service and that I would say is a half service because I can view no videos hardly down load a thing even if it is an update the computer needs I hardly dare and yet we still reach the BW limit??? I just wished With the higher service we pay for we could just surf the web every day?????http://www.wildblueworld.com/forum/i...ustom/gaah.gif

Thru Death's Door on Washington Island in Wisconsin

Oh, bravo! Well thought, well said. Let's see what I can winkle from this jeremiad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeyering
    ...they say this is kind of a business one, 3 computers surfing the web hardly and business stuff!!!! I would like to know how do the places like camp grounds you go to advertise free internet with this service and not go over BW?
    The campground likely has an enterprise account, as all business should, rather than a residential account. You pay for what you get - always.
    why is it that people in GR can get phone,TV and internet ( that is faster with no BW limit) for the same I am paying for just one service
    The folks in Grand Rapids don't live out in the boonies. I hope that you do, else - well, WB is best for those with no alternative to dial-up.
    I would say is a half service because I can view no videos hardly down load a thing even if it is an update the computer needs I hardly dare and yet we still reach the BW limit
    You are responsible to secure your computer from 'malware' and your modem from abuse. When that's done, then call customer service, the number is at top right of this page, 1-866-945-3258
    I just wished With the higher service we pay for we could just surf the web every day?
    I do.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

You also need to understand that everything you do online through the modem... everything... counts as an upload and a download. Not just "downloading" stuff, but everything. It's quite common for people who think that they're barely using the service to discover that they're using much more than they realized once they sit and analyze their actual usage. So, by using WB for "business stuff," depending on what the business stuff is, you are probably actually using much more than you think.

For what it's worth, I'm on the Select Pak (the middle plan), and I have 2 laptops connected through a wireless router and a signal extender, both secured. My wife and I spend a fairly significant amount of time online everyday not only doing routine surfing, but a good deal of photography uploads. We also watch the occasional short youtube video, and we have never gone over 40% in the almost 3 years we've been on WB. If DSL or cable suddenly became available in my area would I jump from WB? You betcha. That doesn't mean that I don't like the WB service or have had any problems, because for the most part I do and I haven't. But the fact is that satellite internet by its very nature has inherent limitations that you either get used to, or you find another service. And, as Doug said, this service is best for those who have no other options.

If we get a cap of 250GB (like the cable companies) with ViaSat-1; will people still complain?
    Mike
    WB1| Beam 133 | Gateway Duluth | Jan 2009

Exede12 | Beam 331 | Gateway Salt Lake City | March 2012

Blog Entries

The short answer is yes.

Human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by micwa View Post
    If we get a cap of 250GB (like the cable companies) with ViaSat-1; will people still complain?
    You will "always" find those that just do.
    Forum Moderator (not an employee of Wildblue)