Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ViaSat-1

1. Default

The date on that URL and article (I read it!) is 08 December 2010, before, as I recall, the satellite was damaged in testing that necessitated repair, retesting, and rescheduling the launch date which similarly delays the commissioning of the satellite.

Here is our first information, here at WBWorld, that ViaSat-1 had been damaged.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-of-satellite/
    Friday, January 14, 2011 at 1:39 p.m.

ViaSat said Thursday that it will delay the launch of its high-capacity broadband satellite until this summer after it was damaged while being moved at Space Systems Loral, where the $400 million satellite is being built.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 04-25-2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2VM...9tVhk&index=14
    Link to ViaSat Inc Overview 2011- You will open your jaw when you see the satellite being built! Also another cool video about the Satellite 2011 Convention here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrhxG..._order&list=UL
    WB-1 Gateway 101... ViaSat PLEASE do something about the packages! Make them more reasonable!

3. Default

Sorry I don't have enough bandwidth to view that.

I'm joking.. lol
    Mike
    WB1| Beam 133 | Gateway Duluth | Jan 2009

Exede12 | Beam 331 | Gateway Salt Lake City | March 2012

4. Default

Ok, great!!!! Thanks for the launch update!!!

Default Why no information

Okay, it's the end of May and Visat-1 will go up in July (2 months) and still no information on packages, pricing, equipment etc. I can't believe that these things haven't been worked out as part of the cost justification for the project so why the silence?
    Beam 21 | Pro Pack | Customer Since WB started and its been all downhill

6. Default

Gaming support? YAHOO!!! I'm gonna finely blow people online with my AMD 6 core.....

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pman View Post
    Okay, it's the end of May and Visat-1 will go up in July (2 months) and still no information on packages, pricing, equipment etc. I can't believe that these things haven't been worked out as part of the cost justification for the project so why the silence?
    We will provide a lot of information about packages, prices, etc, when it's closer to the service launch. After the satellite launches into orbit, it then takes approximately 90 days to conduct a series of in-flight tests to ensure everything is working. That's standard procedure for new communications satellites. We will lay out all the details on packages, pricing, etc, well in advance of when we start offering the new services. There will be plenty of advance notice. Thank you.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

8. Default

Any news on ViaSat-1 launch? 90 days.... so much for 2011

9. Default

http://www.satbeams.com/satellites?id=2462

Per the site above:

Satellite Name: ViaSat 1 (VIASAT-IOM)
    Position: 115 W (115 W)
    Norad:
    Cospar number:
    Operator: ViaSat Inc
    Launch date: 31-Jul-11
    Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome
    Launch vehicle: Proton M
    Launch mass (kg): 6300
    Dry mass (kg): 3650
    Manufacturer: Space Systems Loral (SSL)
    Model (bus): LS-1300
    Orbit: GEO
    Expected lifetime: 12 yrs.
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wm4bama View Post
    Thanks. Very interesting. 115W is crowded.

I wonder how many trees I'll have to drop.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.