Thread: "Powered by Google" ???

Default "Powered by Google" ???

As dumb as it sounds, I have never understood what is happening when I sign on and the process goes from Wildblue Start up page to "Powered by Google" What the heck does "Powered by Google" mean???

Blog Entries

Outsourcing.

Thru Death's Door on Washington Island in Wisconsin

Yep, "outsourcing." Is it even 'on-shore', or has it gone to Indonesia?

Learn to do without G00gle. Adopt distributed domain name protocol. Use your HOSTS file, Luke, use your Force.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

All WB is doing is outsourcing email and other things like a personal web space to Google Apps... http://www.google.com/apps/
    WB1 | Beam 101 | Seattle Gateway | Pro Pack | Previous Customer Nov 2008 - Dec 2012 | DSL since Dec 2012

Thanks Inthewoods, I think your explanation makes the most sense for me, I think. I am not very literate in computer so I tend to play it safe. But let me ask one more question. Is IGoogle what they call a Domain? Also, instead of me asking alot of questions, is there a website that explains in simple english what happens from Wildblue membership to acquiring a Homepage with apps.???
    Thanks for holding my hand.
    Linda

I found this quick explanation of iGoogle:
    • Google is mainly a search engine while iGoogle is a web portal
    • The Google homepage is clutter-free while the iGoogle can be as cluttered as you want
    • iGoogle implements Google gadgets for even greater customizability

Quote Originally Posted by lhayes08 View Post
    ...in simple english what happens from Wildblue membership to acquiring a Homepage with apps.???
    Did you want an iGoogle page or a personal web page?
    WB1 | Beam 101 | Seattle Gateway | Pro Pack | Previous Customer Nov 2008 - Dec 2012 | DSL since Dec 2012