Thread: Free modem, dish, wires etc

Default Free modem, dish, wires etc

Hi. After 2.5 happy years with Wildblue, broadband just came to our area and I am now with them. I now get web pages as fast as I can click on them and there are no limits at all for uploads or downloads. Never had any problems with Wildblue and would recommend them to anybody who does not have other options. Since I own my equipment and there is no $ for turning it back in, is there anybody out there who would want what I have? Not willing to ship, but free to anybody who wants to come get it. I live in the mountains above Santa Barbara, CA, but work in town. If I don't get any response from here, I will put it on Craig's List and next option would be to just toss it. I understand that new users could not use my modem, dish, etc due to the lease policy, just thought someone might be able to use it and I don't like throwing stuff away, plus it seems like the cables should have some value to somebody. Anyway, thanks to Wildblue for a good 2.5 years and I wish you continued success. Randy
    Last edited by walstib; 12-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.

2. Default

walstib,
    That stuff may be of value to a local WildBlue dealer as spare parts for any service calls he might need to make. If you go to www.wildblue.com, and enter your ZIP code there, you'll get to a page that shows a listing of local dealers near your area. You could give one of them a call and see if they want to come pick it up. That's just another option instead of throwing it away. Thank you!
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Default Thanks for tip, but nobody close

The nearest dealer is 60+ miles away. Guess I will just toss it all in the dumpster. Hard to believe that nobody in my area would want back up gear? Maybe nobody in my area checks this site? When I buy a 6' cable for my hidef tv, it costs $$$, but I can't even give away 60 feet of wildblue cable, dish, tria, mounting hardware. The only responses I got on Craig's list was from folks who wanted to use it to set up their own internet with WB. I explained that is not possible since WB has a lease only policy these days. Oh well, I feel I tried and won't feel so bad about tossing it all away now. I would still recommend Wildblue to anybody who doesn't have other options as it served me well the past couple of years.

4. Default

You never know, he might be driving out to somewhere near you to do an install, and could swing by and pick it up. Did you try giving him a call?
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.