Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here are my suggestions for wildblue.....

Thumbs down Here are my suggestions for wildblue.....

I have some suggestions for a internet company that sucks as it is.

1. Upgrade speeds to at least 2 Mbps download and at least 1 Mbps upload.

2. Upgrade users bandwith to a limit of 10 Gig's for Value, 18 Gigs for the second package, and 25 Gigs for the Pro package. I would rather suggest unlimited but not sure why Wildblue can't do that. Plus keep the same prices which in my opinion are too high as it is since you can get 2 Mbps for 14.99 in the valley from here but not where I live which I would like to see to switch to them and get off this crappy internet of Wildblue.

Well those are the only 2 that I am really wanting to be done right now.

I am wanting more download speed and usage space since I recently gotten a PS3 and the downloads on their system are 50 Mb up to 4.5 Gigs and to download the great stuff on the PS3 would eat up my bandwith quick like in a couple days so I want to get unlimited download to be able to get and check alot of new stuff on the PS3 Game system.

Please read this Wildblue.

Thanks,
    Brian

Thru Death's Door on Washington Island in Wisconsin

The Peter Principle has been forgotten! "Stuff expands to fill the space available." And virtually too.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

Brian, you're out of luck for your wishes due to current satellite technology. Satellite internet was never intended to compete with cable or DSL internet, but is in place for those who have no other choice but dial-up...it's a shared bandwidth and does not have the capacity or technology for what you want without penalizing other customers on the same spot beam.

Next year WB is scheduled to have a new satellite operational with technology that can provide features close to what you want..in the meantime, it's this or dial-up..
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

Thanks for giving us your feedback. That's one of the nice things about this forum is it lets us hear directly from our customers. As you can probably guess, the #1 thing that our customers would like is faster speeds. We are currently working hard towards delivering that with our new satellite, ViaSat-1, which is set to launch next spring. Typically, satellites require about 90 days of testing after they are in orbit, so it will go in service around third quarter next year.

We will be able to offer packages with faster speeds and more available usage.

Our current usage thresholds now are actually really close to the ones you requested.
    Value package = 9800 MB (7500 down + 2300 up)
    Select package = 15000 MB (12000 down + 3000 up)
    Pro package = 22000 MB (17000 down + 5000 up)

We cannot offer unlimited usage, because there is a finite amount of throughput capacity on each beam on the satellite. If we allowed unlimited usage, the 2-3% of the heaviest users would chew up most of the available capacity, and all the rest of the 97-98% of customers wouldn't have capacity available to them. An analogy would be if you were driving your car through rush hour, and suddenly 8 lanes of big-rig, 18-wheelers were all trying to squeeze into one lane, and you had to navigate through that.

When the cable companies and phone companies want to expand their network capacity, they can just go lay more fiber and cable. For a satellite network, we need to launch another satellite, which requires about a three-year lead time and costs a lot of money as you can imagine. We hear you, and we're working on it, but it does require some time to get it done right. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CornPipe75 View Post
    I have some suggestions for a internet company that sucks as it is.

1. Upgrade speeds to at least 2 Mbps download and at least 1 Mbps upload.

2. Upgrade users bandwith to a limit of 10 Gig's for Value, 18 Gigs for the second package, and 25 Gigs for the Pro package. I would rather suggest unlimited but not sure why Wildblue can't do that. Plus keep the same prices which in my opinion are too high as it is since you can get 2 Mbps for 14.99 in the valley from here but not where I live which I would like to see to switch to them and get off this crappy internet of Wildblue.

Well those are the only 2 that I am really wanting to be done right now.

I am wanting more download speed and usage space since I recently gotten a PS3 and the downloads on their system are 50 Mb up to 4.5 Gigs and to download the great stuff on the PS3 would eat up my bandwith quick like in a couple days so I want to get unlimited download to be able to get and check alot of new stuff on the PS3 Game system.

Please read this Wildblue.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

Well put Steve. WB is still working well for me, thanks to you. It is slow during peak times, but I expect it and try to work around it, so far, no big deal. We all have to give a little so this will work for every one, I have no problem with that either. When some one does something to help me out, I never forget, so again thanks.

Hey Steve, when exactly is third quarter? July-September? Thanks for clarifying.
    WB-1 Gateway 101... ViaSat PLEASE do something about the packages! Make them more reasonable!

Thru Death's Door on Washington Island in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by WB Steve View Post
    ... We are currently working hard towards delivering that with our new satellite, ViaSat-1, which is set to launch next spring. Typically, satellites require about 90 days of testing after they are in orbit, so it will go in service around third quarter next year. [my emphasis]...
    In service in the third quarter of 2011 was based on a "launch next spring." That launch has been delayed until perhaps August. If launch slips three months then commissioning slips three months, from third to fourth quarter.
    Forum defenestrator and not a Wildblue employee. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

Will,
    It slated to launch in July now, so if you allow approximately 90 days for in-flight testing, that means services should start becoming available around October/November. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Will109 View Post
    Hey Steve, when exactly is third quarter? July-September? Thanks for clarifying.
    Official WildBlue and Exede forum moderator
    Please note I have changed usernames to "Exede Steve", and do not use this account anymore. Thank you.

I am very satisfied with wildblue, however, I have recently upgraded my browser to firefox 4 and can no longer use the wildblue optimizer. I would like to see you upgrade the optimizer to handle firefox 4.

Thanks
    Terrie

Default Try installing it again..

Quote Originally Posted by Terrie View Post
    I am very satisfied with wildblue, however, I have recently upgraded my browser to firefox 4 and can no longer use the wildblue optimizer. I would like to see you upgrade the optimizer to handle firefox 4.

Thanks
    Terrie
    Terrie, try installing the optimizer again...it should reinstall itself with FF4. Look at Options/General/Network/Settings and it should look like the below image.

But, IMHO, you are better off setting FF to "No Proxy"...it save some problems with certain web sites that won't work properly through the WB proxy server.
    Last edited by wm4bama; 07-22-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .