Thread: Changing Primary User Email ID

Angry Changing Primary User Email ID

I want to change my primary user id because the installers have used it to send my spam and junk email.

I tried to get it changed and was told that was not an option.

Well what lously service for 50 bucks a month

I guess the only way to change it is to cancel my account and go to Hughesnet who would be grateful to change my email id if it gets ruined.

Ask for help on one lously 2 second job and get treated like dirt.

i hope the ceo and higher ups read this and they wont be too happy about losing a customer over a non issue.

Last edited by spikehsi2; 05-15-2010 at 12:29 PM.

2. Default

You can log into your email account and add a new account with a new user name and password, then when that is working, notify everyone of your new email address, go back and block any sender that sends email to your original address.

After that, you can log into your WB account (where your billing information is) and change your primary email address to the new one from above..

I don't know why customer service would not allow you to change your email name in your current primary account...maybe one of the moderators here will offer some additional information (but they are not online during the weekends, so it may be next week before one checks your post.)
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by spikehsi2 View Post
    I want to change my primary user id because the installers have used it to send my spam and junk email.

I tried to get it changed and was told that was not an option.

Well what lously service for 50 bucks a month

I guess the only way to change it is to cancel my account and go to Hughesnet who would be grateful to change my email id if it gets ruine

Ask for help on one lously 2 second job and get treated like dirt.

i hope the ceo and higher ups read this and they wont be too happy about losing a customer over a non issue.

Explain to me what changing your email addess has to do with the service? How did you get treated like "dirt"??

Explain why you think your installers are responsible for your spam?
    Forum Moderator (not an employee of Wildblue)

Just pick any mail service out there and stick with that. Plenty of them, there's Yahoo, Hotmail, Mail.com, Windows Live Mail, Lycos Mail, POBox.com, just to name a few. You aren't obligated to use the mail the installer set you up with and all the ones I listed above are free and are web based so when you change providers in the future you can keep your e-mail service.