Thread: Setting up WildBlue email account on an iPhone?

Default Setting up WildBlue email account on an iPhone?

Can anyone tell me how to set up the WildBlue email settings on an iPhone. It's my wife's phone, I don't use an iPhone and I'm having problems. It's not intuitive for me on an iPhone. I know all the settings for Outlook. I've searched this forum and WildBlue's support FAQs without success.

I used the Gmail stock mail setup on the iPhone and switched all the settings to WildBlue where I could. It took me awhile, but I found all the advanced settings. By that I mean as far as I know, all the correct boxes have been checked in terms of SSL, 995, 465, etc, that are in the advanced tab on the Outlook setup. The only thing I can't figure out how to do, I've told it to use the password for outgoing messages, but I haven't found any confirmation that says "use the same password as incoming messages".

Now, I can send her an email, and the iPhone will receive it. If I try to send an email to myself from the account that just received it, it says "sender address not valid". So I'm still missing something somewhere.

Finally, I tried WildBlue's customer support and was first told that they didn't support the iPhone, then was given very irritating stock answers to my questions like, "Well, what do you mean by 'settings'?" I gave up after a few minutes because she clearly was not going to help and she wasn't going to forward me to any IT person who might be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, directions to a FAQ, etc,

OKMD

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but it's worth reading all the posts in this thread for additional information:

http://wildblueworld.com/forum/showt...ghlight=iphone
    WB Legacy 2/12/09, 2/23/12 to Exede12-1 SB 342, Albuquerque Gateway, AcceleNet servers Denver, Dell Desktop XP-Home SP3, D-Link DIR655 Router, Dell Laptop Vista Home Basic SP2, Chrome browser .