Thread: Completely Unsatisfied.

Your speeds should double, yes.
    Mike
    WB1| Beam 133 | Gateway Duluth | Jan 2009

Exede12 | Beam 331 | Gateway Salt Lake City | March 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FailedInternet View Post
    Oh wow thanks. Ill think about it.
    Keep in mind that although the overall speed will increase, your browsing perceived speed will not increase significantly.
    Last edited by Brush Creek; 07-05-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brush Creek View Post
    Keep in mind that although the overall speed will increase, your browsing perceived speed will not increase significantly.
    Let me jump in and ask why? That statement just went over my WB internet ignorate mind.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rs117 View Post
    Let me jump in and ask why? That statement just went over my WB internet ignorate mind.
    thanks
    The upload & download speeds will increase. When you request a web page it's like a 80,000 miles travel distant. From your computer to satellite to the NOC then back to the satellite & back to your computer. It's called latency.
    Wildblue since Nov.2005/Exede March 2012/Apple Macbook Pro/Asus RT-N56U Router/

Quote Originally Posted by rs117 View Post
    thanks
    If you are downloading a file or program you are getting a steady stream of data you requested from the server. If you are using the browser you are constantly requesting this page and that page and each time you request something different the request has to go up to the satellite and down to earth, find your request and then send it back to you. This will take time (latency) which is not needed when you are downloading a program or file. For example my anti-virus program sends a request to the server for a update and if the server has a update it sends it without any further information from me. It happens quite fast since there is no back and forth of signal once the initial request is made. A download of a large file will look like the attachment, where browsing will be all broke up with a lot of blank spaces and you would see green send or requests in between the red receive signals. Hope that makes some sense. You can see I was able to download 26.5MB in 3min and 30sec, try that with dial up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ron ~ Wildblue Select Pak since 01-2006, Anik F2 Beam 26, service through NRTC, Dell XPS, 2Gig Ram, XP Pro, Router DD-WRT- WRT54GL, Laptop, Dell XPS - Windows 7