DISH Network High-Speed Internet powered by WildBlue Optimizer Download
DISH Network High-Speed Internet powered by WildBlue Optimizer is a tool that changes key settings of an internet browser in order to optimize the web surfing experience of the DISH Service. Additionally, the Optimizer will make key shortcuts for the DISH service available on your desktop, configure your home page setting and add favorites. The person who installs your DISH service usually installs the Optimizer during the installation and provisioning process. If it was not downloaded or installed during your installation, it can be downloaded by taking the following steps:
Step by Step
- Internet Explorer or Firefox browser and a computer running Windows OR
Safari or similar browser and a Mac
- A DISH subscription
Notes: The current version of the Optimizer will work on all supported Windows operating systems up to and including Windows Vista. Instructions to manually optimize other browsers are contained in the readme files below.
To download the installer for Windows: DISH.exe
To download the installer for Mac: DISH_Mac_Optimizer_2.zip
For Mac, please also install the Apple Broadband Tuner
Read Me Text - Windows
******* DISHMail Optimizer Ver 2008-05-01 Readme ********
The DISHMail "Optimizer" performs the following tasks to Optimize the performance of your computer using the WildBlue network. These optimizations are specific to Internet Explorer and Firefox. All are reversible if you decide that you don't want them at a later date.
- It adds a "DISHMail" entry into the Programs Menu. This DISHMail entry allows you to:
- Execute the "ipconfig" command
- Execute the Optimizer setup program again
- Check to see if you are Optimized. Are you using the WildBlue proxy?
- It places three shortcuts on your desktop:
- Shortcut to the DISHMail Customer Portal
- Shortcut to DISHMail Help
- Shortcut to web-based email in case you don't want to use client email programs like Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Netscape, etc.
- It adds three favorites to Internet Explorer in a DISHMail folder:
- DISHMail Customer Portal
- DISHMail Help
- DISHMail Web-based email
- It sets the home page for Internet Explorer and Firefox depending on your preference for either the DISHMail Customer Portal or your existing home page.
- For Internet Explorer it sets the following items to optimize performance:
- MaxConnectionsPerServer to 10
- Enables http 1.1
- Enables http 1.1 through proxies
- Sets the Internet Explorer Local Area (LAN) Settings to "Automatically detect settings"
- Sets the Internet Explorer Local Area (LAN) Settings to "Use automatic configuration script" and sets the Address to http://wpad.wildblue.com/wpad.dat
- For Mozilla Firefox it sets defaults in the Firefox install directory to optimize performance:
- Max connections per server to 10
- Max persistent connections per server to 4
- Pipelining to true
- Proxy pipelining to true
- Network proxy type to 2, "Automatic proxy configuration URL", and set the address to http://wpad.wildblue.com/wpad.dat
Read Me Text - Mac
******* DISHMail Mac Optimizer Readme ********
The DISHMail "Optimizer" performs the following tasks to Optimize the performance of your Mac computer running Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger) or Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard) using the WildBlue network. All are reversible (manually) if you decide that you don't want them at a later date. This program only optimizes
web browsers that use the Mac OS X System Preferences -> Network Pane, such as Safari. Please see the end of this file for instructions on how to optimize the Firefox browser.
- It sets the proxy server settings to http://wpad.wildblue.com/wpad.dat in the Mac OS X System Preferences -> Network Pane
- It places three shortcuts on your desktop:
- Shortcut to the DISHMail Customer Portal (www.dishmail.net)
- Shortcut to the DISHMail Help Site (help.dishmail.net)
- Shortcut to web-based email in case you prefer this over client email programs such as Mac Mail
- It sets your homepage for Safari if you prefer the DISHMail Customer Portal, otherwise it keeps your existing homepage
In order to make the changes immediate and persistent, a reboot is required.
The following are instructions for enhancing other browsers:
-------Optimizing Firefox 3.x or later--------
- Enter about:config in the URL field of the Firefox browser
- Scroll down to the "network" parameters
- If "network.http.pipelining" is set to "false", double-click on this value to set it to "true"
- If "network.http.proxy.pipelining" is set to "false", double-click on this value to set it to "true"
- Select "Firefox" on the top menu and pick the "Preferences" item
- Click on the "Advanced" option and then click the "Network" tab
- Click on the Connection "Settings" button
- Select "Automatic proxy configuration URL:"
- Enter http://wpad.wildblue.com/wpad.dat into the text box
- Click "OK" to complete the setup and "OK" again to exit the menu